95 Sahara Tire Wear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 Sahara Tire Wear

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-20-2001, 02:54 AM   #1
Scoob

95 Sahara Tire Wear

I test drove a 95 Sahara today. It was beautiful in and out. The only problem is that 3 of the tires are almost new, while the 4th is almost bald. The owner said that the tires were rotated regularly, and purchased at the same time. According to the owner,it needs some sort of adjustment that all Jeeps require at some point. The vehicle did not drift or pull, but it does concern me. Anyone have any idea what the owner was talking about? Thanks in advance....

Unread 06-20-2001, 08:46 AM   #2
jeeptuff

The first thing is if it is a front tire that is wearing I would jack up the front and check the ball joints. Is it a front or rear tie that is wearing. This will give me a better indication of where to go with this question!!
Unread 06-20-2001, 03:02 PM   #3
Scoob

That's the thing! I'm not sure where it is wearing from. The worn tire was on the front passenger side, but the owner said that the tires had been rotated regularly. So, basically I have no clue. I am seriously thinking of making an offer on this vehicle, but I don't want to buy a Jeep that will have to have major work done soon after I purchase it.
Unread 06-20-2001, 07:16 PM   #4
jeeptuff

My first opinion would be check the ball joints!! Use a tape measure to get a rough check on the alignment. To do this make sure the front tires are straight, on the front side of the front tire, go from the insde of the rim on the left to the inside of the rim on the right staying towards the center. Write down your measurment.. Then do the same on the backside left to right of the front rim. Realisticly there should be no more than 1/4" of difference, if there is more than 1/4" it will need aligned. Hope this wasn't to confusing and helps in your decsicion on this Jeep you are looking at..
Unread 06-20-2001, 08:05 PM   #5
Scoob

So, if it is the ball joint that is bad, how much does something like that cost to fix? Should a bad ball joint discourage me from buying this Jeep? I am really in the dark here...
Unread 06-21-2001, 06:29 AM   #6
jeeptuff

Upper and lower ball joint are cheap, about 20 bucks a piece at 2 per side it less than $100 to do both sides. I would do both sides to be safe if this is the problem, should take about 2-2.5 hours to replace. Hope this helps!! Lemme know!!!
Unread 06-21-2001, 12:06 PM   #7
dartboy

Just ask the guy if you can take the Jeep to a garage to get it checked out. If he has nothing to hide then he wont mind. If he puts up a fuss then leave the Jeep alone and find another one.
dartboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.