95 Sahara project with pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 Sahara project with pics

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well i've started a moderately sized project of taking this 95 sahara and getting back into original condition. This thing had one owner (friend of mine) and only 70k miles. No accidents but he did back into something and bend the right rear bumper. Original paint which has been nicely preserved under oxidation since about 95. On one hand I wish he had taken better care of it (appearance wise) because these seats cannot be replaced and are no longer manufactured. On the other hand, if it was in mint condition I would not have gotten it for as cheap as I did. Mechanically it's in good shape and runs fine. A/C works fine and has a brand new compressor from last year. The fun begins! It's gonna be beautiful when i'm done and just in time for spring. More pics as I get things done.

Gonna need:
Seats (rear installed, fronts being recovered), door panels (decided to paint), center console (installed), soft top, roll bar pads (installed), sound bar pad, wheels / tires (installed), fog lights, complete new sound system, repair leaking transfer case, brakes, clutch fluid reservoir, exhaust leak repaired, right rear bumper, windshield (installed)

LSUWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
rap169

Solid jeep
rap169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
yj381
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That looks like a solid find, I didn't see any rust and even still has the stock tape deck. I think that is about the best you could hope for buying 16 or 17 year old used jeep. Awesome jeep!

[url]www.mmeadows.com[/url]
yj381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj381 View Post
That looks like a solid find, I didn't see any rust and even still has the stock tape deck. I think that is about the best you could hope for buying 16 or 17 year old used jeep. Awesome jeep!
Yeah we don't get the rust down here that they get up north, thankfully. Thanks!
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
jeep108
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Have you checked the cost of getting those seats recovered? I would trade you your seats for mine but mine are fixed back. Recliners must of been an option for the fancy new '95 models.

Eph 6:13 -Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,

[QUOTE=Opihi59;14523519]Welcome to the forum.
If you are a mechanical neophyte and have to repetitively intone the mantra of "lefty loosey," are a mouth breather and only own a hammer, it will be more of a challenge. [/QUOTE]
jeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
MDCustom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

One word: Jealous!

You are going to have a stunner when you are done! And it won't take much either!

MDCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep108 View Post
Have you checked the cost of getting those seats recovered? I would trade you your seats for mine but mine are fixed back. Recliners must of been an option for the fancy new '95 models.
I've kicked around going with some spice seat covers from Bestop. There is a dealer right here in town and the price isn't bad. I really hate straying from anything that is not original but I have exhausted 20 hours at least in the past 2 weeks looking for true green sahara seats. With them being discontinued and only fitting thru 95, its extremely difficult. I did find a decent set in vegas but the guy is old and grumpy and will not ship them nor will he take them to an upholstery shop to have the covers removed and only ship those. I offered him money for his trouble but he refused. Im taking one of them to an upholstery shop in town tomorrow and seeing what they can do for me. If I don't have something in the works by Tuesday, i'm going to order the bestop covers and make that next weekends project.
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCustom View Post
One word: Jealous!

You are going to have a stunner when you are done! And it won't take much either!

Thanks! I spent most of today putting the carpet back in and removing the busted rear bumper. I sent it to my friends detail shop and he steam cleaned the entire vehicle, undercarriage and engine also. He cleaned the carpet for me and it looks brand new. Its laying in there now but I have to buy new vel cro since all the old stuff is coming off. Next up, clean seatbelts and install them, wait for roll bar pads to come in and have sound bar rewrapped. Gonna try to get all the done this week after work.
Unread 01-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
cheftrail
2005 TJ Wrangler 

super nice find!
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Today's pics. Carpet came out great and I knew under those 16 years of oxidation existed some nice looking paint!

More to come
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #11
MDCustom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Don't show this to the friend you bought it from... he'll want it back!

Nice work.
MDCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCustom View Post
Don't show this to the friend you bought it from... he'll want it back!

Nice work.
He can have it back after i'm done
Unread 01-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Collin89Sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That paint looks CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!
Collin89Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin89Sahara View Post
That paint looks CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I was very lucky... didn't want to pay for a new paint job
Unread 01-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
LSUWrangler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Decided to take off work a little early today and put the new tires/wheels on. Im happy with the way they look.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.