JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   95 Sahara ABS light on (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/95-sahara-abs-light-1684377/)

sconnell 10-14-2013 03:34 PM

95 Sahara ABS light on

Looking to see if there is anybody that has some experience with ABS systems on Jeep's. I have a 95 Sahara that had the ABS light on when I bought it. Drove it like that for a while and went to check out the rear brakes one day and replace the pads and hardware. Found that the passenger side ABS sensor was pointing down instead of at the tone ring. After adjusting it back to the tone ring, the ABS started working again. Fast forward to this past Saturday, when leaving work, my ABS light came back on. Checked all ABS sensors and cleaned them, made sure they were pointing at the tone ring in the rear, and the front the same. Checked all connectors and they were all good. Checked both relay's under the hood in the PDC and swapped one with the fuel pump, the other you cannot swap out because it was different. I will buy a new one because it had some corrosion on it. Checked under the PDC for anymore corrosion and cleaned and treated. The 2 amp fuse was also good. No leaks or any problems with the brakes. Got home from work today and rechecked the rear sensors, seeings how the passenger side one gave me problems last time. All looked good, cleaned again and left my wheels off and started the jeep. Put the tranny in gear and let the clutch out. No ABS light came on. Let it sit a min, and did it again. Still no ABS light. Thought sweet all fixed. Put the wheels on, torqued the wheels and pulled out the garage. Got up to 5-10 mph and then ABS light again. Now I am clueless. So hopefully someone out there can assist in how to figure out what is wrong. I know some will say dont worry about it, or unplug everything you dont need ABS. I dont wanna do that. I want it to work if it is there. SO if you know any tricks please feel free to let me know.

Firefyter-Emt 10-14-2013 11:23 PM

Sometimes the sensors just go bad, you may want to replace them.

sconnell 10-15-2013 04:04 AM

Yeah I figure it is one of the 4 wheel sensors. At $80-$100 a piece and not knowing which one it is makes it suck. I don't mind buying them if I get the right one. I tested them all for resistence and the 2 front sensors read 1.071 and 1.075, the 2 rear ones read 1.042 and 1.045, but one of the rear ones took forever to get a reading and sometimes the meter read 0L. So I may have found it, but would like to see if anyone else that has dealt with this before could chime in.

sconnell 10-15-2013 05:32 AM

If anyone reading this happens to have all 4 wheel sensors that they removed please let me know. I would like to buy them.

Que89YJ 10-15-2013 07:29 AM

You dont need all 4 sensors. Jack it up again and disconnect the plug to the sensor, hook a meter to the 2 wires up to it the 2 wires and slowly spin the tires. You should see the resistance fluctuate. Repeat it on all 4 until you see the sensor that doesnt.

sconnell 10-15-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Que89YJ (Post 16849761)
You dont need all 4 sensors. Jack it up again and disconnect the plug to the sensor, hook a meter to the 2 wires up to it the 2 wires and slowly spin the tires. You should see the resistance fluctuate. Repeat it on all 4 until you see the sensor that doesnt.

That was my next step actually as I have been searching around for answers. I just figured if I found someon that took all 4 of theirs off I would buy them and have spares just in case. Thanks for the advice.

Que89YJ 10-15-2013 08:46 AM

Chris 810-650-3206.
www.cfoffroad.com

He parts out Jeeps and has dozens of different years and models.

sconnell 10-15-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Que89YJ (Post 16851833)
Chris 810-650-3206.
www.cfoffroad.com

He parts out Jeeps and has dozens of different years and models.

Ok thanks I will give him a call or email. If I could find a service manual for the ABS that would help. I do have a last resort and that is get ahold of a guy I know at a dodge dealership, and see if he can help. Don't like to bother people for that kind of stuff though. Thanks again.

The time now is 12:04 AM.