95 Rio Grande - different from a Wrangler, how? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM
HUFF95YJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

That is great to know some facts about the Rio Grande Edition!! I have one that is green also!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 Old 06-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Mazdarx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASRAM View Post
MInes a 95, Rio Grande, 6IL, 4.0HO, 3:07, Automatic with spice interior and the Rio Grande stickers on the rear quarter panels. It also had some dark blue, teal, light blue and gold striping resembling Spashes. It also HAD some "Wrangler" stickers in gold and teal on the hood. I removed all stickers except the Rio Grande ones. According to the build sheet its an SE model, automatic, 4.0HO, 3:07gears with a 20 gal tank. Go figure? Oh Yea, Being that I'm from Texas, it's always been pronounced "Rio Grand E" .

I wonder if anyone has a 95 Jeep build catalog? I'd like to see the options that were available for the 95.

thanks, Rik
The 4.0l never came in a Rio Grande, therefore I assume that somebody has just added the stickers. Here is a quote from wikipedia regarding it-

Rio Grande (Available in champagne gold, moss green and white and, (rarely seen) Mango Orange; with a Pueblo themed interior trim package, this trim was only available in 1995 and was added to spice up the base model Wrangler 'S' hence this trim was only available with the 4-cylinder models)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-My business, being self-employed rocks.

91 Yj Renegade, lifted, built 4.0L, 33's etc
post #18 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 06:41 AM
YJames90

2012 JK Wrangler 

RioGrande sticker on the back quarter,
Sound bar
High end electronic radio
Tilt wheel
color wave seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke View Post
Spring Over is not for you.... yet

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 12:33 PM
IROCZman15
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ah cool! What's up fellow Rio Grande owners!!!??!?

I have a 1995 YJ Rio Grande as well. That champagne gold/tan color with the brown themed interior and heavy wear cloth seats, and a brown fiberglass hardtop. I have two red colored "Rio Grande" stickers on the rear of each side of the body. Steel wheels. inline 4 cylinder (top end rebuilt by me after headgasket explosion), automatic trans and definitely 4.11 gears. I did the process of marking the driveshaft and counting the revolutions of it when turning the front and rear wheels exactly one rotation...both 4.11. This thing does not do well on the highway due to the 4 cyl/auto/gears.. it struggles to do anything over 70mph. it is my backup daily driver, so for instance.. I took it into work today as we had 6" of snow

I have had this jeep since 2006 and it has its quirks and a host of issues over the years, but I still like it and have no plans to get rid of it.

I will try to upload some photos on here of it... but it is pretty much stock appearing.

Untitled by David Martin, on Flickr

Untitled by David Martin, on Flickr

147 by David Martin, on Flickr
post #20 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

all these Rio Grande edition snobs.. it's a YJ grind something off or weld something on.. :P
bruinjeeper likes this.

91 YJ "Alice" 4.0L, AX-15, NP 231 Flange, Adams Driveshafts F/R, 2.5" OME 36Rs, 5/8" /f12 Booms, 32" Yoko ATs, 4.10 D30/35 AutoLockers F/R
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #21 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 06:47 PM
YJames90

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
all these Rio Grande edition snobs.. it's a YJ grind something off or weld something on.. :P
That was the story of my old 90

bruinjeeper likes this.

Quote:

post #22 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 06:51 PM
bruinjeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

still cant believe you sold that beauty James

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
post #23 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 07:02 PM
YJames90

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
still cant believe you sold that beauty James
Mr too..I hate seeing pictures of it.. I get pissed I sold it. Im taking my time with this one. Learning from what I did wrong to the 90 and what I did right.
Rule number 1..Dont rip out the dash and try to wire up your own flat panel dash. I think that was the needle and the damaged done

Quote:

post #24 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
Rule number 1..Dont rip out the dash and try to wire up your own flat panel dash. I think that was the needle and the damaged done
I see that all the time. Just shake my head.
All that work for... nothing.
Drednot likes this.

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built."
Henry Ford
post #25 of 26 Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 PM
dzywicki
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here is a really crappy picture of my '95 Rio Grande. Bought it new through the Cost program. I was not able to order a YJ with the 4.0 liter. Jeep dealer said they were using all of them for Grand Cherokees. It's moss green (the hood needs repainted after a failed patch on the peeling clearcoat attempt by me). I did buy it with the hardtop, but I put it on a hoist in the spring, summer and fall and run with a safari top. Has the Rio Grande pueblo cloth interior which has worn very well. I have kept it stock. No lift, replaced rear springs with stock. HAs 147,000 mile son it and has been my daily driver the last 2 weeks while I find a replacement for my Audi A6 that got taken out by a deer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3359.jpg  
post #26 of 26 Old 02-10-2017, 01:58 PM
JakeTaylor7

Had the same "No 4.0" story told to me too in the day.

When I register my YJ with the state (NJ), it comes up as a Rio Grande model. It isn't. But odd that it says that on my registration every year.

I don't know why anyone would put a Rio Grande decal on another Jeep. Other than the cool seats that get soaked in the rain, the Jeep is basically a base model. I don't think they even came with AC standard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.