95 Dual diaphram booster/master cylinder upgrade - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 Dual diaphram booster/master cylinder upgrade

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough**Flash Weekend Sale** Rockridge4wd.com Only!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #61
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Luuca, I just sent a PM to Moderator to add it.

Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #62
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Excellent write up, this is the way it's done! Great pics and showing part numbers, thank you!
Unread 08-24-2015, 10:48 PM   #63
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.7YJ View Post
Due to the master cylinder having bubble type fittings, I purchased adapters for the master cylinder. The fittings you will need are Edelmann #265000 and #271300. They both adapt to standard 3/16 brake line fittings.
How did you stop the 265000 from leaking? The other three fitting work fine, but I have tried two different 265000 fitting and they both leak between the fitting and the master cylinder.
Unread Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #64
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Took the old master back and got another one, this one does not leak.

Just got back from the inaugural drive with the new system, it stops much much better. My only complaint is that the pedal is less firm than the old one was, the Jeep stops wonderfully and is completely derivable, the pedal is just a little soft. It is not like it goes to the floor or anything like that, just before my pedal was solid as a rock.
Unread Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #65
mikeyd99

I put on a used 95 yj dual diaphragm booster with a used tj master cylinder. My brakes are better but my pedal is way softer than it was as stock. My brakes are bled correctly
mikeyd99 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #66
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I was expecting it to be a little softer, bigger booster means a softer pedal. I was just a little shocked by how soft it is, I have been driving it around a little more and am starting to get used to it. With the Jeep off the pedal gets nice and hard like it should, so everything is bleed correctly.
Unread Today, 06:24 AM   #67
87TPIYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baritone_mike View Post
I was expecting it to be a little softer, bigger booster means a softer pedal. I was just a little shocked by how soft it is, I have been driving it around a little more and am starting to get used to it. With the Jeep off the pedal gets nice and hard like it should, so everything is bleed correctly.
It may not be. You may still have some air in the system. If you do I'm willing to be its in the master cylinder. Sometimes you really got to work to bench bleed all of the air out. Making sure it is level is crucial. You cant bench bleed on the vehicle because it does not sit level. Try bench bleeding the master again. Your pedal may firm up. Or adjust the rear drums.
Unread Today, 07:43 AM   #68
TSEJEEPERS
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you are sure all the air is out of the system it also could be the bolt in between the master and the booster.
You may need to adjust the length.
The way I did mine was on a driveway with a small incline.
I ran the bolt out until the brakes were dragging, which you can tell by putting the Jeep in Neutral and letting it roll.
Then keep adusting it untill the Jeep rolls without any resistance.
Unread Today, 09:48 PM   #69
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87TPIYJ View Post
It may not be. You may still have some air in the system. If you do I'm willing to be its in the master cylinder. Sometimes you really got to work to bench bleed all of the air out. Making sure it is level is crucial. You cant bench bleed on the vehicle because it does not sit level. Try bench bleeding the master again. Your pedal may firm up. Or adjust the rear drums.
Well that sucks, and I thought I was being by doing that. I made sure to get all of the bubbles out of the master with it attached to the Jeep.

The Jeep locks the tires up just fine at about 15 mph, it is just the first inch or so of pedal if very soft. I may try to adjust the booster rod.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.