95 Dual diaphram booster/master cylinder upgrade - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 Dual diaphram booster/master cylinder upgrade

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 05-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #46
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

dude THERE ARE NONE AT NAPA, AUTO ZONE, OREILLY, ADVANCE, ETC... it doesn't matter where you check they all buy them from the same supplier. The only way to find one right now is on ebay or some random shop that has one sitting on the shelf.

BTW OP, those line adapters are a pain to track down!

Unread 05-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #47
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

line adapters in stock at my local napa. had plenty.
2011 F150 4x4 5.0 Coyote SVT Supercrew
2008 E450 v10 Jayco Greyhawk 28 (tildah)

captainauti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #48
glenn-91YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkSkunk View Post
dude THERE ARE NONE AT NAPA, AUTO ZONE, OREILLY, ADVANCE, ETC... it doesn't matter where you check they all buy them from the same supplier. The only way to find one right now is on ebay or some random shop that has one sitting on the shelf.

I couldn't locate one at any parts shop or on-line.
Here's what I did and it worked great!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/0...my-yj-1177891/
Unread 05-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #49
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Captain can you post the part number and cost?
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #50
5.7YJ

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkSkunk

You need to find a parts store that caters to repair shops, parts guys at retail type parts stores usually are not the best to help you with finding things. Those Edelmann fittings should be easy to find or order with the part numbers.

My brake boster/master cylinder upgrade: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/9...grade-1287758/
5.7YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #51
rainjeep
1985 CJ7 

Will this upgrade work on a 1985 cj7? I got bad booster and need replace it or upgrade to stop my 35s
rainjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #52
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainjeep View Post
Will this upgrade work on a 1985 cj7? I got bad booster and need replace it or upgrade to stop my 35s
Yes, I know a guy with a CJ7 and a YJ booster. If you've got the means to do some slight mods, I'd go with the TJ set up though. Parts are WAY more plentiful.

BTW, anyone else that may do the TJ set up in the future, if you get the whole set, booster, master, lines, and proportioning valve, the YJ hard lines will attach directly to the TJ prop.

Here's a quick pic of mine.....

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #53
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Captain can you post the part number and cost?
there was a thread i think here with the numbers... i cant find it though.

Unread 06-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #54
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just more tech for the thread...

When you replace the booster make sure your new booster push rod is the exact same length as the OE one. If not you could have squishy brake pedal feel even after bleeding it correctly five million times. Also if you do that and it's still squishy try bleeding the brakes in reverse pattern (DF, PF, DR, PR). I was told that there was something about the line length or something and by reversing the pattern that would take care of the squishy brakes. Sorry i don't remember the details but about why or how it works... but it should work. Anyway I got both of those gems of knowledge from Master Techs.

HTH!
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #55
Snipeston
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 95 Booster ordered and was wondering if my E350 MC will bolt up to it? I have an 89 YJ with the factory booster.

Does anyone know why the 95 YJ MC is almost double the price of the 94 and olders?
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #56
mazyj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeston View Post
I have a 95 Booster ordered and was wondering if my E350 MC will bolt up to it? I have an 89 YJ with the factory booster.

Does anyone know why the 95 YJ MC is almost double the price of the 94 and olders?
95 YJ's with the dual diaphragm boosters used a new style MC. Single diaphragm booster equipped YJ's used the same as the earlier years. The MC that comes with a dual diaphragm booster is the same that was carried over into TJ's. They used the same MC in some Cherokee's. So if your buying the newer style plastic reservoir MC its just going to be more expensive.

I remember reading on some forum about the E350 to a dual diaphragm YJ but honestly not sure where or what the result was.
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #57
mazyj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkSkunk View Post
I would assume the lines going to the stock prop valve are 3/8 double flare. Im not positive because I put in an aftermarket adjustable distribution block and proportioning valve so I can adjust the rear bias. At the same time I bent all new tubing so nothing is OEM.

If they are 3/8 double flare then NAPA has the adapters. You need a M12x1 bubble flare to 3/8 double flare for the front and M10x1 bubble flare to 3/8 double flare for the rear.
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #58
captainauti
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazyj View Post
I would assume the lines going to the stock prop valve are 3/8 double flare. Im not positive because I put in an aftermarket adjustable distribution block and proportioning valve so I can adjust the rear bias. At the same time I bent all new tubing so nothing is OEM.

If they are 3/8 double flare then NAPA has the adapters. You need a M12x1 bubble flare to 3/8 double flare for the front and M10x1 bubble flare to 3/8 double flare for the rear.
that sounds right napa had what i needed in stock. i showed them what i had and they found the adapters.

Unread 09-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #59
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a picture of a stock 93, 4.0L, single diaphram booster next to a 95, 4.0L, double diaphram booster.
I have not seen this picture so I thought I would post it. Stock on the left.
Unread 09-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #60
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Why is this not stickied into the FAQ under Brakes?

Ban Anvil - GO!
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.