'95-convert manual to power steering. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '95-convert manual to power steering.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
SpecForMedic
1995 YJ Wrangler 

'95-convert manual to power steering.

Hey I am a newby in working on my jeep by do have a mechanical background. My 95 Wrangler has about a 3 inch lift on it and manual steering. Id like to convert this to power steering. The Steering is extremely loose. I already upgrade the stabilizer and it still is pretty loose with some play. My questions are:

Where do i measure it to confirm the exact height of the body lift?(im guessing this affects which any arms needing to be bought).

Also, what parts do i need to buy to do this conversion?

SpecForMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
95-rio-pv5
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to JF! You will find a lot of good helpful info here. Use the search tool to find common wright ups like engine swaps, what part from other Jeep brand vehicles will fit your YJ and ect. Just make sure you fill out your jeep info..that way it will be easier for us jeep nuts to help you. For example the 2.5 4 cylinder uses, for most years the ax5 transmission where the 4.0 and the 4.2 uses different trannys and they are not a direct bolt on. Sorry I can't help you on the power steering pump. But welcome all the same.
95-rio-pv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
caoboy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/p...62/index4.html

I'm also converting mine.

You'll need to fill out your profile so we can know what is done to your Jeep.

You'll need a certain pump, depending on your motor, because the ones with the reservoirs attached won't fit a 2.5 MPFI.

You need :

Pump (either with reservoir or without) [2.5 MPFI needs a remote reservoir]
(reservoir)

Pressure line

Return line

Power steering gear box

Power Steering pitman arm

New drive belt that accommodates the PS Pulley

I believe that's it. I purchased a pump/lines/gearbox/pitman arm for 120+shipping of eBay. I'm waiting anxiously for it to show up...then I'll grab a reservoir and tackle this job.
caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.