95 brake booster vs 93 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 brake booster vs 93

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
brinoff

1993 YJ Wrangler 

95 brake booster vs 93

Just want some reaffirmation. The 95 Yj has a dual diaphram booster, right? Will I notice a difference over a the booster in my 93? Thanks.

93YJ 4.0 I6, AX-15, NP231 Teraflex SYE, Tom Wood Drive Shaft, G2 D44 ARB, ARB locked 30, T&T customs axle trusses, ProComp 35" Mud Terrain, RE SD 4" Lift, Daystar 1" BL, Harbor Freight 8000 Winch, Swing Away Tire Carrier, and some other stuff.
brinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Oh yea, this is one of my favorite mods.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
CjinPA
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Only 95 YJ's with the 4.0L motor came with the dual diaphragm booster. The 4 cylinder Jeeps still had the single diaphragm boosters. You should notice a difference with the dual diaphragm booster. I have a 95 YJ dual diaphragm booster in my CJ and it will lock up my 37" tires. You will also need the firewall bracket and master cylinder from the 95 YJ. I would also try to get the lines that run from the MC to the proportioning valve because the master cylinder takes metric thread fittings and the brake lines need to have a bubble flare on the end of them. A single flared line will also work if need be.

Jeeps that I am currently parting out;
1994 Jeep YJ 4cyl 5spd
1992 Jeep YJ 4cyl 5spd
CjinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

^ Don't listen to CjinPA. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Just kidding. Considering he gave me one of the 95's.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I agree with everything said above. It ranks up their with the fuel injection as one of my favorite mods. It is nice to only have to barely touch my brake pedal to come to a quick stop.

Just like CJinPA said you will need the 95 master cylinder as well and I also used the 95 brake lines to prop valve due to the 95 master having metric threads.
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
CjinPA
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Jack View Post
^ Don't listen to CjinPA. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Just kidding. Considering he gave me one of the 95's.

Your funny Ross. If your never going to put the 95 dual diaphragm brake booster that I sold you in your Jeep maybe this could be a potential sale for you.

As for the difference between the single diaphragm and dual diaphragm set ups, The single diaphragm brake booster puts out somewhere around 1000 lbs of pressure. The dual diaphragm booster puts out around 1500 lbs of pressure so you get 50% more power to your brakes.

-

Jeeps that I am currently parting out;
1994 Jeep YJ 4cyl 5spd
1992 Jeep YJ 4cyl 5spd

Last edited by CjinPA; 03-30-2009 at 07:18 PM..
CjinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjinPA View Post
Your funny Ross. If your never going to put the 95 dual diaphragm brake booster that I sold you in your Jeep maybe this could be a potential sale for you.
Well I bought it off you before I did the 8.8 swap thinking I might need/want it. But the rear discs gave me a lot of extra stopping power. I'm still going to swap yours eventually.... probably some lazy rainy day this summer.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.