95.5 actual model year? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95.5 actual model year?

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 04-21-2001, 03:48 PM   #1
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

95.5 actual model year?

Just wondering if 95.5 was an official model year. My 95 was built in June of 95

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2001, 05:25 PM   #2
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

The way the auto companies look at the calendar it would probably be a '96.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2001, 05:03 AM   #3
jeffy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You know one way to see when you're Jeep was made is to look at the engine block. There is a date stamped onto it. Then add 2 months or so for the completion of the Jeep.

I was lucky enough to get the paper they use to sign off a Jeep as it comes off the line. Depending on the year it could of been made as early as mid 95 or as late and early 96.
Unread 04-23-2001, 02:40 PM   #4
rayray

Tonka,
The most obvious way to tell is by some small little bolt on's. For instance, the 95.5 uses the same windshield bumpers as the TJ. Also, the 95.5 has TJ hinges on the rear door. Other little odds and ends are differant as well.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2001, 01:38 PM   #5
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, then mine is a plain 95, would 97 and up rear door hinges work for it, or is the bolt pattern different. I like the lower profile hinge
Unread 04-24-2001, 06:56 PM   #6
rayray

It's a little differant, but the hinge should cover the old holes. I'll look when I get home.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2001, 01:11 PM   #7
JPFREEK
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Because JEEP had no '96 Wranglers produced (officially), a '95.5 is still considered a '95. Another difference is the D-35c housing, many '95's have the ABS housing even though they may not actually have ABS.

WNYOffroad;CNY Jeep
JPFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2001, 01:54 PM   #8
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm one of the lucky ones with the abs carrier. Found that out when I ordered my lockright. I hate paying for shipping twice
Unread 04-26-2001, 08:52 PM   #9
jeffy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The ABS carrier in non-ABS Jeeps started back in 91. Everyone kept insisting I had a ABS carrier when I didn't. It was done to standardize some parts between the options. 1993 was the first year that ABS became a option. I think.

As for the hindges. From the 95.5' I saw, the hinges are kind of like the TJ's but not exactly. They were probably trying out designs to see if they worked. Should be interchangable with pre-95's since they use the same bolt holes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.