95 4cyl 5spd MPG? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 95 4cyl 5spd MPG?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 05-21-2001, 05:26 AM   #1
Naum42

95 4cyl 5spd MPG?

I just got myself a 95 Wrangler with 53,300 miles on it, and 31x10.5 tires without any lift. (Yes, they do rub on things sometimes, that will hopefully be taken care of soon). Reading the specs I should be getting about 19MPG, however I seem to be getting about 15MPG. Are the bigger tires enough to make that big of a difference? If not, what else should I be looking at? BTW I run super in it.

Naum42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2001, 06:50 AM   #2
smithbuiltYJ

I have a '95 4 banger, with 31x10.5 Goodyear AT/S tires. I went from 20 mpg to 18 mpg (city) when I went with the larger tires. What kind of tread, and how much pressure are you running? MT/r's would probably be a little less on mileage than all terrains, and lower pressure would also be less mpg.
HTH
Marshall
Unread 05-22-2001, 11:02 AM   #3
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

95 4cyl 2.5L 5 speed 31x10.50R15 bfg muds.
I get about 10 mpg due to stock gears and a bad catalytic converter(hard top & doors)
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2001, 07:26 AM   #4
Naum42

Thanks for the replies...they are Wild Country Radial TXRs running at 32PSI right now. They were actually studs, and the guy I bought it from took the time to pull all of the studs out because he didn't have the $$ to buy new tires :-)
Naum42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2001, 12:11 PM   #5
scooper

probably has alot to due with your tires and how you drive,do you often find your foot to the floor due to the 4 bangers power output.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.