94 YJ speedo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 YJ speedo

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 06-20-2001, 09:36 PM   #1
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

94 YJ speedo

I am going to install 31x10.50-15's. I was told by a local shop my speedo won't be off until 65mph, but I used a mph calculator and it said at 55 I would be doing 63...which is true? also can anyone tell me what gears are in the rear end(they are still stock) and how much of a difference in rpms will taller tires make?

Unread 06-21-2001, 12:17 AM   #2
jpwranglr9

well, what you have in the rear depends if you have an auto or manual and if you have a 4 or 6. if you have a 6 with a manual then you have 3.07, if its a 4 with an manual it is 4.10. (or 4.11 cant quite rember). Look on the little tage on the axle to see what it is exactly. Running 31's wont make your spedo to far off. i think i was 5-8% off. what you can do is when you get the tires on, go drive exactly 10 miles measured on the highway (this gives better measurments but you can do 1, or 5 or whatever) and check how far your jeep says it is on the trip guage.
1995 YJ ,SOA with 4" procomp front 3.5" BDS rear 1" shackle rear, custom stearing, 35x12.50x15 pro-comp MTs, warn xd9000i, on-board air from A/C, dana 44 rear and 30 front with 4.56, powertrax no-spin rear, custom disks rear/trutrac front, warn front shafts, HD SYE kit, HD front and rear driveshafts, Warn 4X flairs, PIAA 520 ligts and on and on and on :)
jpwranglr9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.