94 yj soft doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 yj soft doors

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 10-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
pmendoza3
1994 YJ Wrangler 

94 yj soft doors

can anyone tell me if soft doors for a yj will match the hardtop frame? i purchased a set of full soft doors for mine and the back of the soft door doesnt match the hard top when its put on preventing it from closing. any help would be appreciated. ive attached a picture of them.

20131006_115116.jpg  
pmendoza3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
DanMiller_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Those won't work I'm pretty sure of it :/ try looking up soft tj uppers, they have the same angle for the hardtop. That's what I'm doing to mine at the moment
DanMiller_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
jred
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I believe the stock soft tops had a square top corner instead of rounded. The aftermarket (bestop, etc) are rounded, but different. My hard doors are so close to matching the Bestop door surround hardware, I'm not convinced it's not an adjustment/alignment issue. TJ uppers can be modified to fit a hardtop with a little bit of work.

Clear as mud? :P
jred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
DanMiller_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I know, I'm just afraid of cutting into the hardtop :/
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

What doesn't fit? Maybe you just need to do some adjusting?
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
DanMiller_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The top of the uppers on both sides, hit the corner of the hardtop, and I'm afraid of cutting into the top
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:48 AM   #7
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

the front or rear part? the hardtop is rounded on the back so it should fit the back of the door. if the front is not hitting right, try adjusting the body hinges for the door or bending the door frame a bit to fit.

i would not cut a hardtop because of how expensive and hard to get they are. i would bend a set of soft doors to fit though since you can get them on ebay for 50 a set, if you look carefully
Unread 10-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #8
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just a thought...is your windshield angle adjusted right? If it's off, it can throw off everything. I don't remember the exact dimension, but you measure from the windshield frame back to the rear edge of the tub. I'd check it.

+1 - don't cut on the hardtop at all.

+1 - adjust the soft doors as needed

Use weatherstripping to shim the top up if it will help your interference problem. A picture of the door installed would help.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.