94 yj pros and cons? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 yj pros and cons?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
beachrusso
2010 JK Wrangler 

94 yj pros and cons?

Looking at a 94 yj with the I6 and a 5 speed manual trans. Small lift with 31's, only showing 110000 on the dash with AC. I need to know what is good and bad about the motor and trans combo I am looking at. Thanks I just want to have a solid platform to start my build. My build goal is being able to ride to the trails hit some hills and drive it back home.

beachrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

You have one of the best build platforms you can get.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
swedishdwarf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yep. That's the same powertrain I have and I love it.
Unread 11-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
Rodeo1488
By These Things I Stand !

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have an I4 and an AX-5. I would love to swap to an I6 and an AX-15. Great powertrain and EFI, you should have a blast.
White Jeep Club Member #1488
"Sometimes, there's Justice.......Sometimes, there's Just Us. "
- Living my life on a Thin Blue Line -

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayJeep
If that doesn't work, here's what you do. Buy a bunch of burritos and tie them to pieces of string. Then tie the strings to your Jeep. Then, when the meskins come out of the house drawn by the smell, you drive away. The meskins will chase burritos for miles and miles.
Rodeo1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #5
swedishdwarf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just noticed it has AC. You should buy it. The only stronger indication that you should buy it would be a factory hard top.
Unread 11-11-2007, 05:50 AM   #6
Nelliebelle7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishdwarf
I just noticed it has AC. You should buy it. The only stronger indication that you should buy it would be a factory hard top.
He's from South Carolina. Why would he want a hard top?
Nelliebelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That's a great place to start. the swap to 4 cyl front D30 and rear 8.8 with 4.10's is cheap and easy and an even better place to start. with only 110000 on the clock that's nothing for these inline 6's i've seen them properly maintained much higher than that.
D30 w/yukon alloys, lock right, jb4x4 bracket, Rusty's HD tie rod 8.8w/ LSD,SOA xj rear 100" wheelbase, homemade greasable boomerang shackles, SS braided lines, 1" prothane body lift, 35" TrXus M/T, smitty built XRC.
lots of gen right armor and rear stinger.
crb577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #8
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yep, the 91-95 YJ's with the 4.0 are the best years. I have a 93 and have 226K on it and still going every day.

'79 Cherokee Chief, 401 MPFI fuel injection, T-18/D-20 and hydroboost. Otherwise stock.
Future mods: NV4500, NP205, high pinion D60 front and smooth bottom D60 rear, e-lockers front & rear. SOA with 35X12.50's
Cobra Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #9
Berb_15
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Definitely go for it, I had a 4cyl and ended up buying a new yj with an inline 6 a year later and it's definitely worth it
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #10
swedishdwarf
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebelle7
Because a factory hardtop almost doubles the resale value. Around here it does, anyway.
Unread 11-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #11
pwoens
1994 YJ Wrangler 

best year out there love mine...kind of hard to find in good shape with I6 and 5 spd.

94 YJ 4.0L, BDS 4 1/2", 1" BL, 33 x 12.50, SYE & Tom Woods drive shaft, 8.8 w/lsd, Aussie Locker front, T & T Phantom tube fenders, Warn rock sliders custom cut, TJ rear flares and Fuel filler, Warn M8000, Custom front & rear bumpers w/swing out, bad apple diff guards, Dual 1400 amp Kinetic Energy batteries, HO alternator, 2 guage comp wires, VIAIR 450c, WRX seats, and way too much more to list. No end in sight!!
pwoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #12
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Because a factory hardtop almost doubles the resale value. Around here it does, anyway.
Besides... doesn't it rain and snow in SC?

I wouldn't give up my hardtop for anything.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #13
Jesse-James
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebelle7
It's quiet, holds in heat, it's quiet, makes the AC more efficient, it's quiet.....
Unread 11-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
cooltc2004
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, all that, and its quiet...
Unread 11-12-2007, 04:42 AM   #15
Nelliebelle7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Doubles? I think not. Unless you get one for $500.AC? QUIET? Pansy jeepers. Might as well get a civic.LOL
Nelliebelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.