94 YJ fuel lines at tank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 YJ fuel lines at tank

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
bryanmc

94 YJ fuel lines at tank

Well... The rubber lines that come off the top of the fuel tank finally started leaking. After much fighting, I finally got the tank down and got the 2 larger ones loose. I wonder who the idiot was who designed that flat rubber grommet thing that the lines run through between the body and crossmember?

Anyway, here's my problem. I have both of them off and had originally thought they were different sizes... nope, both 5/16. Now I don't know which one goes where.
Anybody know?

Appreciate the help.

bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The fuel line hoses are a dealer only item. I am not familiar if they are available after market. One of the hoses is a larger end than the hose itself. If the PO replaced it with a standard hose that is why it is leaking.

Pain in the neck I know, hopefully your dealer has it the hoses stock. I screwed up and forced a hose on the line to get by, but I do know that I have to replace it before it leaks.. My mistake.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
bryanmc

Well....

Just got off the phone with the dealer. The supply line they can get, the return line is no longer available. Hopefully the supply is the one that has the bigger end on it and I can get by with regular 5/16 for the other one. Now if I can just figure out which goes where....
bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
FLMudder
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I just did mine a couple days ago, and i just ran 3/8 high pressure line on the supply(one towards the front of the tank) all the way to the fuel filter. Then i ran 5/16 for the return (towards the back of the tank) to the metal line.
FLMudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe this will help, with pics.....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...emoval-981049/

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.