94 YJ frame repair advice/help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 YJ frame repair advice/help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
wranglerdriver
1994 YJ Wrangler 

94 YJ frame repair advice/help

Hi,

My son purchased a 94 YJ a few months ago. It turns out that there is some frame rot. It seems that the rear end shackle mounts will have to be replaced, and there is a spot in front of the rear tire on the drivers side where the frame bends up for the tire well.

driver side spot

passenger side shackle

Any advice or if you know a good place for this kind of work in the Pittsburgh area (we are 35 miles north east of the city) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

wranglerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
iowajeepers
1994 YJ Wrangler 

There is a guy that makes splints for this over at greatlakes4x4, you'll have to search frame repair on their forums.

Here is a pic of a complete kit for $120:

Here they are welded into place before prime and paint:

And here they are finished up:

1994 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2000 XJ, 2004 WJ, 1976 Stingray

Last edited by iowajeepers; 07-23-2010 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: Added pics of doing this same thing
iowajeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

ouch ugly..

mine was not as bad, but same principles apply.. but same places exactly....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

me and a buddy did it ourselves, I leared a lont time ago when I got someoen to do myOME springs, DO IT YOURSELF... or someone you know truct, would give your kids to for the week if ya had to.... most other just **** things up IMO..

if ya have the tiem/skills or just time, and a friend with a welder and skills do it yourself....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame rot , Frame rust

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.