94 YJ Engine Swap/98 Dodge Ram 5.9 4x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 YJ Engine Swap/98 Dodge Ram 5.9 4x4

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Geocachenut

94 YJ Engine Swap/98 Dodge Ram 5.9 4x4

Picking up the engine, wiring harness, computer tranny (auto), and fuel pump out of a 98 Dodge Ram 5.9 Magnum. Anyone that has been through this project? Help out a fellow Jeeper! Going to tackle this one during the winter months. Any help, suggestions, tech, dont's, do's...would be greatly appreciated! Want to have all parts available before I dig in. Currently running the 2.5...Pic's will follow during "remodel"....

Geocachenut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
bmgadg
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Did the swap back in the spring, check out my thread for more info.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Geocachenut

Wife loves the manual trans....any advantages/disadvantages to the manual? Heard you can use a 5 speed out of a dodge dakota. I guess it may be easier on the tranny in the dunes? No overheating issues.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocachenut
Wife loves the manual trans....any advantages/disadvantages to the manual? Heard you can use a 5 speed out of a dodge dakota. I guess it may be easier on the tranny in the dunes? No overheating issues.
Not sure what trannies bolt up, iirc the rams had a 5 speed behind the 5.2/5.9 for a while. Would have to do some more research and see which tranny that was.

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
bmgadg
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Rams had the NV3500, the stock jeep ax-15 will bolt up with a v6 dakota bellhousing. The pilot bushing might be an issue, but I got lucky that a stock 4.0 pilot bushing fit perfectly in my 5.9 crankshaft.
Unread 02-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
Geocachenut

alright...Bmgadg, I picked your build thread apart...WOW! I am picking up an Ax-15 tomorrow am, headers from Summit on the way, looking for the Dakota 3.9 bell, mounts from AA on the way....Here we go!!!
Unread 02-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
bmgadg
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome, keep us up to date on progress.

Tags
5.9l , engine swap , engine swap wiring , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.