94 yj clock and radio in dash fuse box... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 yj clock and radio in dash fuse box...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
ewalls
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Help".....94 yj clock and radio in dash fuse box...

Got a wild hair and decided it was time to clean up some of the wiring in my jeep. I started to route a few things that were on my battery to the under dash fuse box instead. I noticed two outputs labeled clock and radio on the fuse box that have wires coming out going into a harness that seems to have been but by the previous owner. They seem to be extra available 12v sources but my question is where did they originally go to? Can one of you guys who has a 94 wrangler se take a look and let me know if you see something under there that would clear things up for me? Any info will be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!

Unread 08-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalls View Post
Got a wild hair and decided it was time to clean up some of the wiring in my jeep. I started to route a few things that were on my battery to the under dash fuse box instead. I noticed two outputs on the fuse box that have wires comi g ou going into a harness that seems to have been but by the previous owner. They seem to be extra available 12v sources but my question is where did they originally go to? Can one of you guys who has a 94 wrangler se take a look and let me know if you see something under there that would clear things up for me? Any info will be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!
I do beleive that there are a few empty slots for additional circuitry in your fuse box. See if they are hot with the ignition off or not.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
ewalls
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yeah that was what i was originally doing i wanted to reroute some of the wires from my battery into my fuse box but then i saw the clock and radio spots that had wires coming out of them into a harness that had been cut.... confuses me because i would like to know where that originally went. Where does it go on your 95?
Unread 08-31-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
humboldtcorrado
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My '93 has the same setup. Somebody used the radio spot for something to do with a trailer light harness.
Unread 08-31-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
ewalls
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i wonder slash want to know if there was a factory spot this went to... because the harness that is cut looks factory...
Unread 08-31-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah that was what i was originally doing i wanted to reroute some of the wires from my battery into my fuse box but then i saw the clock and radio spots that had wires coming out of them into a harness that had been cut.... confuses me because i would like to know where that originally went. Where does it go on your 95?

[IMG][/IMG]

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 08-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
ewalls
1994 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the diagram it looks like there was nothing originally in those slots. Maybe the previous owner used them for something else and then instead of removing them decided to cut the harness they were attachhed to? I dunno it would be interesting to see someone elses box of my year and model yj and see if anything came plugged in there from the factory........
Unread 09-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
ewalls
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 09-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks for the diagram it looks like there was nothing originally in those slots. Maybe the previous owner used them for something else and then instead of removing them decided to cut the harness they were attachhed to? I dunno it would be interesting to see someone elses box of my year and model yj and see if anything came plugged in there from the factory........
How were the wires inserted into the fuse box? Does the wiring in those spare slots look like the other factory wiring of the same color?

Unread 09-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
packrider
2008 JK Wrangler 

DELETE Option?

Possibly something that Jeep did as an option package. They may have offered the vehicle with no radio or clock and the dealer would up sell the option. The they made it dummy proof to add them later.

OR. The positions are controlled by the radio and clock fuse.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.