94 YJ build thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 YJ build thread

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #46
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
You should make a basket which would be a bit more versatile overall. You could carry a tool box, beer cooler, or some small furniture if the situation arised. Plus you could mount the extingishers horizontally along the sides or back?? Just a thought
Yea i'm still trying to figure out where i wanna go with this. The initial purpose of it was for a cooler. Then i though it'd be nice to have my tools back there. Either way, i do want it to be versatile so i can put either back there. It's low priority right now so i'll take it slow to make sure i get it right

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #47
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Now that the tail lights are installed are you planning on doing something with the back up lights or are they going to be deleted?
responder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #48
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by responder View Post
Now that the tail lights are installed are you planning on doing something with the back up lights or are they going to be deleted?
The backup light r def going in the bumper.. i also got some litenbolts for the license plate.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #49
Alex95YJ

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks great! Round headlights on the YJ look sweet, might have to look in to doing this.
Alex95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #50
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice! Will you recess them in the bumper or just surface mount? Only asking all these questions because I have to do a repair in my right rear and have the lights out now.

I really like the LED flush mount tail light idea.
responder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #51
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by responder View Post
Nice! Will you recess them in the bumper or just surface mount? Only asking all these questions because I have to do a repair in my right rear and have the lights out now.

I really like the LED flush mount tail light idea.
They'll be flush. Here's a pic of the rear. U can see the holes already there in the bumper plate.
2012-11-20_16-32-34_468.jpg  

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #52
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Actually u can barely see it in that pic but... the holes are there lol

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #53
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex95YJ View Post
Jeep looks great! Round headlights on the YJ look sweet, might have to look in to doing this.
Thanks. Its all personal taste. I like it. Others dont. Just dont blame me if ppl start hating if u do this. I will not be responsible!!

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #54
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I figured id reply in here in regards to your stretch q's. ive been researching the rear stretch as well and what ive seen a couple guys do is get the ruff stuff "way-back" spring hangers and mount them on the rear crossmember. In conjuntion to this, you can keep the original spring hangers on the front (frame-mounted) and use XJ springs, or else you can cut off the original frame side spring mounts and move them towards the rear and reweld them. The latter seems to be the cheaper route. The downside is it puts your WB around 105-106" which i think is a bit long for 35s.

On pirate there is a writeup on how to dimple your gastank if you dont want to run a fuel cell. Ive heard the fuel cells let off fumes that can gas out you and your jeep. Also ive heard word of using a Camaro gas tank, but im not sure if anyone actually did.

Personally im kinda diggin the idea of a 4link. Fully adjustable, more stability, flex, and ride comfort. Takes alot more research and elbow grease but oh man would the fruits of that labor be dope!

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #55
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I figured id reply in here in regards to your stretch q's. ive been researching the rear stretch as well and what ive seen a couple guys do is get the ruff stuff "way-back" spring hangers and mount them on the rear crossmember. In conjuntion to this, you can keep the original spring hangers on the front (frame-mounted) and use XJ springs, or else you can cut off the original frame side spring mounts and move them towards the rear and reweld them. The latter seems to be the cheaper route. The downside is it puts your WB around 105-106" which i think is a bit long for 35s.

On pirate there is a writeup on how to dimple your gastank if you dont want to run a fuel cell. Ive heard the fuel cells let off fumes that can gas out you and your jeep. Also ive heard word of using a Camaro gas tank, but im not sure if anyone actually did.

Personally im kinda diggin the idea of a 4link. Fully adjustable, more stability, flex, and ride comfort. Takes alot more research and elbow grease but oh man would the fruits of that labor be dope!
Yea. i've been doing A LOT of research those past couple days about this. Here's the thing... I have what are basically brand new 35s (only put about 500 miles on them. 2 wheeling trips). I probably wont be going bigger for a couple yrs if i can stay disciplined. That means that the wheel base can't go over 100" really (for now). Stock WB is what... like.. 94". i figure 5 inches in the rear and maybe 1 inch in the front if i even feel like it (i'm more interested in rear stability to climb steeper obstacles. at least for now). I really wanna keep this project to a minimum $$wise. i can use my current SUA setup/leafs and just move the hangers AND shackle mounts 5 inches rearward. That would allow me to use my current springs which are barely broken in.
I wouldnt be welding those shackle mounts onto the weak crossmember tho. I'd be cutting that off and replacing it with either some 1x4x3/16 or 2x4x3/16 or even some 3/16" plate..
Anyways, i figure I could do this project this way for very cheap. $200-300 max. I already have long SS brake lines. I can easily relocate the shock mounts. Re-shape/Re-locate the tank. All id have to do is lengthen my rear Driveshaft and buy the metal/mounts
I may be forgetting a thing here or there but essentially its really all that's involved for a mild stretch. I'm trying to put all of this together and gather everything i need before i tackle this. But i feel it can be done relatively quick if all goes well. What do you think about the plan?

As far as 4-link, that's something i could see myself doing in the future but not right now. The 5" stretch in the rear definitely wouldnt hurt.

Edit: I could actually sell my current GenRite bumper plate to recover most of the project's cost. Right brand new.

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #56
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a good plan! 100" wheelbase looks so good on 35s. Don't forget the flat belly skid. I got one more year of school left and then ill be all over a stretch.

My Build Thread
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #57
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan! 100" wheelbase looks so good on 35s. Don't forget the flat belly skid. I got one more year of school left and then ill be all over a stretch.
Yep. belly will get tucked in. When i built my 8.8 i ended up pointing the rear yoke above parallel (I have a SYE) by about 3-4 degrees in anticipation of going SOA and belly tuck. I figure when it's all said and done, i should be about 2 degree below parallel which is perfect. I'll be taking care of this after my next wheeling trip. Jeep's been sittin since the last week of september. I need to enjoy it for at least 1 trip before i tackle this project.

Anyways, thx for the advice. I'll post up some pics as soon as i get started on this. I'll be ordering the necessary brackets in the next couple weeks.

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 01-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #58
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hows the jeep coming man?

My Build Thread
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #59
wrestler22115
1992 YJ Wrangler 

How did you do the TJ grill swap??
wrestler22115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #60
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sry I haven't really been keepin up with JF lately. I've been doing a lot of wheeling this past month and I'm going back on a big trip again in 10 days. Jeep has been doing great (except for a front shackle inversion issue. I just flipped my boom shackles. No more issues). I'm going to push her more on my next trip to find its limitations. With the ox lockers and my dick cepek mud countries, the only thing that can possibly hold me back from conquering an obstacle is clearance. The electric actuators really work flawlessly from stand still or rolling. They're awesome.

I've done very minor things to the jeep since my last post. Haven't stretched it yet. I'm probably not gonna do so for a whiiiiile. Just enjoying her for now and adding little things here n there. Here's a few pics of how she stands.

image-522949857.jpg

image-495164040.jpg

image-3708427632.jpg

image-483379451.jpg

I've got some flood lights on the way that I'm gonna be mounting to my winch plate or stinger. Oh, AZDevil, ill try to take some pics of my front ox so u can see how I routed the cable n mounted the motor. Great placement.

Edit: my recent upgrades since my last have been:

- slight tummy tuck with 1/4" steel skidplate
- oil pan skid
- hand throttle
- Qtech rubber mats
- seat covers
- ammo box mounted to rear rack for tool storage

Probably a few other small things but... Can't think right now.

Jeep Build thread:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.