94 YJ build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 YJ build thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Those are the Chromoly 1 piece shafts i got for my HPD30. I got them (both inner and outter) and 2 dana spicer 760 u joints for a total of $280 shipped. It's about half what people pay for when they get the kit. If you wanna know where i got the deals, let me know...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyways, I'll do the 1 piece shaft conversion with those when i install my OX locker in the front. Figure might as well do it all at once.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/94-yj-build-thread-1234264/[/url]
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #32
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix
Those are the Chromoly 1 piece shafts i got for my HPD30. I got them (both inner and outter) and 2 dana spicer 760 u joints for a total of $280 shipped. It's about half what people pay for when they get the kit. If you wanna know where i got the deals, let me know...

Anyways, I'll do the 1 piece shaft conversion with those when i install my OX locker in the front. Figure might as well do it all at once.
Ur gonna gave to balance your front DS. The one piece makes ur ds always spin vs the 2pc completely disengages the TC til its put in 4wd. I've heard there is an mpg loss, but not 100%

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Ur gonna gave to balance your front DS. The one piece makes ur ds always spin vs the 2pc completely disengages the TC til its put in 4wd. I've heard there is an mpg loss, but not 100%
yea i realize that. There's a chance i mite get away without having to balance, but if i do have to, its no big deal.

[QUOTE=Anticanman;14148985]If they're gonna bend you over for that much, I'd definitely pay extra for the lube!![/QUOTE]

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #34
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Very nice work! You are correct in saying that metal prep is very important to making good welds.

What's next for upcoming mods to the rig?
responder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #35
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I really like your build and how you're going about it. Keep up the good work.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by responder View Post
Very nice work! You are correct in saying that metal prep is very important to making good welds.

What's next for upcoming mods to the rig?

Thanks! I actually have 3 or 4 projects going on at once right now... im building a rear carrier rack (where spare tires would normally mount) to mount either a cooler, tool box or air tank. Im also going over the frame to make sure its gonna last another 20 yrs. Im saving up to get my front ox locker. Should be purchasing at the end of the month and do the 1 piece chromoly axle shaft conversion at the same time n im working on installing an engine driven OBA system. Once i get all this set up, ill be focusing on upgrading/modding the interior a little. So many projects, so little $$

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #37
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I really like your build and how you're going about it. Keep up the good work.
Thanks altho i couldve saved a lot of money if i knew what i wanted from thhe start... but then again thats every other jeeper's story...

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #38
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here's how I routed my rear Ox Locker cable in case some of you are looking into getting one as well. I got the electric actuator for it. Basically, the cable comes out of the diff cover and gets routed to the electric motor. From there, all it is is wiring. You turn it on or off with the flip of a switch.

Here you can see the cable coming out of the diff on the passenger side. I bent it to route it to the driver side. It's held on loosely by a zip line at the hard brake line but at the top of the pumpkin is where i have the cable really secured.

Then the cable starts heading up towards the driver seat area.

Here u can see where i mounted the electric motor. The cable gets threaded into the motor.

And the harness goes from there.

Those 4 little bolts sticking thru the tub behind the driver oughta give you a good indication of where the motor really is mounted. I've had zero issues with this setup. The cable is not kinked. Its away from the muffler (heat) and the drivershafts (or anything else that moves). Operation is flawless.

I'll be doing the front Ox soon and will post pics of the setup as well. Hope that helps!

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #39
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

So I saw a pic of your Jeep in that round headlight thread and I like the round light look. I was hoping you would provide some more details on that swap. It appears you did grille and hood only from the TJ correct? Also how is the hood fitment? Do you have any pictures of it close up? I know the hinges dont line up so I'm wondering how you solved that problem.

Nice looking rig!

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #40
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
So I saw a pic of your Jeep in that round headlight thread and I like the round light look. I was hoping you would provide some more details on that swap. It appears you did grille and hood only from the TJ correct? Also how is the hood fitment? Do you have any pictures of it close up? I know the hinges dont line up so I'm wondering how you solved that problem.

Nice looking rig!

Yes the hood n grille are from a TJ. The grille was raked a bit because i wanted it to have a bit of a buggy look to it. As for the hinges, i bought tj hinges and combined them with my yj hinges. Basically cut n weld to make offset hinges. The tj hood doesnt perfectly line up with the yj cowl. I ended up cutting up the tj hood to re-arch it a little bit. That is 1 part of the project that is not quite finished yet as my harbor freight welder isnt subtle enuf to weld sheet metal. So for now i bolted some plates to the hood. I dont have close up pics but ill take some for u when i get a chance. Its already very much acceptable but im a bit of a perfectionist so im eventually gonna do it right and weld the hood with the right arch. I made the fenders myself as well. Ill post more on this for u in the next couple days. Got a lot of projects im workin on right now so its just a matter of remembering.

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #41
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so since we're on the subject of round headlight conversions (on this thread and others), today i took off my tj hood and put my yj hood back on (still with the tj grille) to see how i like it. I actually like it very much as well so i mite tighten everything down this way for now. I can always switch back if i change my mind. If i was to do it all over again, id probably save myself the xtra work (and $$) and stick with the yj hood.
2012-11-16_16-00-57_663.jpg   2012-11-16_16-34-55_808.jpg   2012-11-16_16-01-06_78.jpg  

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #42
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I personally like the TJ hood better. But the YJ hood looks good too. It's a win either way.

Keep up the good work!

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #43
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I agree with Louie. The tj hood looks better, but it really not very noticeable. Kinda like tj flares, if u didn't own a yj u probably would never tell lol.

My Build Thread
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #44
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I havent done much work on the jeep the past few days but I did have time to get a few things done today. Mainly, i cut the hole and installed the other round LED tail light. Still havent wired them. I'm also trying to find the right size/shape metal toolbox to mount on the rear rack/carrier. The carrier itself is not finished but its getting there. Hoping to get a lot of work done this week. I also placed my order for my front OX locker yesterday. Hoping to have it installed along with the 1 piece chromoly shafts and some nice outer seals 2 weekends from now.

Jeep Build thread:

Unread 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #45
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix
I havent done much work on the jeep the past few days but I did have time to get a few things done today. Mainly, i cut the hole and installed the other round LED tail light. Still havent wired them. I'm also trying to find the right size/shape metal toolbox to mount on the rear rack/carrier. The carrier itself is not finished but its getting there. Hoping to get a lot of work done this week. I also placed my order for my front OX locker yesterday. Hoping to have it installed along with the 1 piece chromoly shafts and some nice outer seals 2 weekends from now.

You should make a basket which would be a bit more versatile overall. You could carry a tool box, beer cooler, or some small furniture if the situation arised. Plus you could mount the extingishers horizontally along the sides or back?? Just a thought

My Build Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.