Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

94' YJ Build Question About Lift Height

636 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mrgordy1965 
#1 ·
I just finished restoring a 94' Wrangler S Sport which are currently sitting on 00' Wrangler OEM wheels with 30x9.5-15 tires. The current wheels and tires have a nice proportionated look, to the point whereas I have no desire to switch to larger wheels and tires. But I would like a little lift. I was thinking that a 2"-2.5" would still maintain a proportioned look. Others are pushing for a 3"-4" lift. Any advise or opinion would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Another candidate for Old Man Emu springs.

4 OME36R leaf springs on each corner will give from 2.5'' to 3'' of lift while maintaining a fairly comfortable ride and WAY improving off road ability.

How much off road use?
What kind of off road use?

Keep it off of salted roads if you want it to stay nice.

#9 ·
Lol well I'll refraise the statement. My wife will kill me if I invest more money into one of many toys at this time.
I was married when I started too. I'm single now, with bigger tires. >:)

On the shackle lift thing, should you choose to play there. Every 3/4" of increased shackle length (stock is 4") reduces the caster by 1 degree (lane tracking gets less stable). Tires 33"+ can handle that, but smaller tires can not. (It has to do with the road contact patch position vs the ball joint position.)

#7 ·
I'd go old man emu 2.5" lift springs as well.

Are you talking about 2" of actual lift with shackles? Or shackles that are 2 inches longer in length?

I think the rule of thumb on the forum is 3/4" of lift with shackles maximum, otherwise you start getting the "buck tooth" look and put a lot of strain on your springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.