94 wrangler:rough idle, now no spark - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
mattice

94 wrangler:rough idle, now no spark

I have a 94 yj 4 cylinder and in the begining of my problems it was having a rough idle and I would have to give it gas until it warmed up but after it warmed up it would cut off and then would not start back up right away. The codes that it put out were: 12, 33, 23, 24. I have replaced or checked the following: o2 sensor, fuel pressure regulator, map sesnor, mat sensor, throttle position sensor. Not sure what to check out next, thinking the crankshaft sensor or the ecm. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

First the basic no start question: Does the fuel pump cycle on and then off when you turn the ignition key to on? When you say you checked, what did you replace and what did you check and how? Do a battery disconnect for a minute(10 seconds is usually long enough but just to make sure) and then try to start it again. Recheck the fault codes. If you had a rough idle but it ran fine after it warmed up it is usually 1 of 2 sensors; the TPS or the engine temp sensor in the front of the block near the thermostat.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 PM
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattice View Post
I have a 94 yj 4 cylinder and in the beginning of my problems it was having a rough idle and I would have to give it gas until it warmed up but after it warmed up it would cut off and then would not start back up right away. The codes that it put out were: 12, 33, 23, 24. I have replaced or checked the following: o2 sensor, fuel pressure regulator, map sensor, mat sensor, throttle position sensor. Not sure what to check out next, thinking the crankshaft sensor or the ecm. Thanks for the help.
With a 23, and 24 code stored.... this would suggest that your CTS(coolant temp sensor for the ecm) sensor is bad. It is located on the thermostat housing. Your ecm is flagging this sensor, so I would start from there.

Tags
no spark , rough idle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.