94 wrangler:rough idle, now no spark - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 wrangler:rough idle, now no spark

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
mattice

94 wrangler:rough idle, now no spark

I have a 94 yj 4 cylinder and in the begining of my problems it was having a rough idle and I would have to give it gas until it warmed up but after it warmed up it would cut off and then would not start back up right away. The codes that it put out were: 12, 33, 23, 24. I have replaced or checked the following: o2 sensor, fuel pressure regulator, map sesnor, mat sensor, throttle position sensor. Not sure what to check out next, thinking the crankshaft sensor or the ecm. Thanks for the help.

mattice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

First the basic no start question: Does the fuel pump cycle on and then off when you turn the ignition key to on? When you say you checked, what did you replace and what did you check and how? Do a battery disconnect for a minute(10 seconds is usually long enough but just to make sure) and then try to start it again. Recheck the fault codes. If you had a rough idle but it ran fine after it warmed up it is usually 1 of 2 sensors; the TPS or the engine temp sensor in the front of the block near the thermostat.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattice View Post
I have a 94 yj 4 cylinder and in the beginning of my problems it was having a rough idle and I would have to give it gas until it warmed up but after it warmed up it would cut off and then would not start back up right away. The codes that it put out were: 12, 33, 23, 24. I have replaced or checked the following: o2 sensor, fuel pressure regulator, map sensor, mat sensor, throttle position sensor. Not sure what to check out next, thinking the crankshaft sensor or the ecm. Thanks for the help.
With a 23, and 24 code stored.... this would suggest that your CTS(coolant temp sensor for the ecm) sensor is bad. It is located on the thermostat housing. Your ecm is flagging this sensor, so I would start from there.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no spark , rough idle

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.