94 wrangler ignition problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 wrangler ignition problems

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 05-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
st2joker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

94 wrangler ignition problems

I have a 94 wrangler 4.0. it seems to start fine, but once its warmed up if i let it idle it dies, i replaced the cap rotor and pick up coil, but its still doing it,while im driving it it acts like i turned the key off for 3 or 4 seconds and then it continues to run, ive ran it with a fuel pressure gauge on it and it doesnt seem to be a fuel problem which is why i changed the pick up cap and rotor. has anyone else had this problem or do you have an opinion on what i should check next.

st2joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
MDonovan8
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It could be one of two things. IAC (Idle Air Control) or the TPS (thottle position Senor). After that I would check the vacuum lines.
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Look in the Faq on checking fault codes. I think you have a bad O2 sensor. Diagnostic Trouble Codes
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.