94 voltage regulator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 voltage regulator

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
lxndrmdean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

94 voltage regulator

Im new to the forum and im still learning as i go. sorry if I sound like an idiot from time to time, i can fix an A-10 better than i can fix a car. anyways.. my YJ's electrical went out while driving home one day starting with the guages and then eventually dying all together. since then ive replaced the alternator and tried to jump it but no luck. Like i said before i know very little and all i can think of is replacing the battery cables or the voltage regulator. however this voltage regulator eludes me and i cannot find any text on the matter. any help would be amazing, thanks guys!

lxndrmdean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

The voltage regulator circuitry is in the ECM, behind your glove box. (part of the computer, not separate)

Have you checked your Maxi-fuses under the hood?
Unread 01-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Not behind the glovebox in his, its under the hood. X2 on everything else. Check the maxi fuses under the hood and check for a blown fuse by the drivers feet fuse panel for the cluster.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
lxndrmdean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

like i said, still figuring this thing out, but no i haven't checked the Maxi-fuses that'll be my first stop once the sun rises
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #5
MDonovan8
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The maxi fuse are the first place to look. Had this happen last summer to my 94' YJ. It will be a red colored fuse that I believe is a 50.
Unread 01-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #6
lxndrmdean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, its not the maxi's under the hood, none of those were burned up. i can hear the ignition ticking, and an occasional turn or two but no luck after that even while jumping, which is why im led to believe its the battery cables. other than the alternator maxi fuses under the hood, is there any other obstacle that would keep me from starting the beast?
Unread 01-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #7
lxndrmdean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got It! thank you all kindly! it was the a bad connection on the lower end of the positive battery cable.

Tags
alternator replacement , stalling , voltage regulator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.