94 4.0 YJ leaking fuel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 94 4.0 YJ leaking fuel

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 09-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
goroboto
1994 YJ Wrangler 

94 4.0 YJ leaking fuel

Started noticing a fuel smell and noticed oil in the air filter about a month ago.

I did some research and replaced the PCV valve and hoses - no change. Ended up replacing the fuel vapor canister - checked the hoses for obstructions - all clear.

Started her up and fuel started leaking from somewhere above the fuel tank. Anybody have any ideas why this would happen?

goroboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bad gasket on the sending unit. Bad sending unit or a bad hose.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
bill8bud

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Time to drop the gas tank and see. I had an issue like this awhile ago. I replaced all of gaskets, the fill hose and the vent hose. If your this far in check and see if the 20 gallon tank mod is completed also.

Its not hard to do but get some help it will make it easier.

Good luck....cheers
bill8bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
goroboto
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok I found a couple of good posts on how to remove the tank. I'll take a look this weekend and see what the problem is.

Thanks for the heads up on the tank mod!
goroboto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.