94 4.0 Fuel pressure issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-26-2017, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Meboota

94 4.0 Fuel pressure issues

Hi Everyone,

I've been undergoing a frame swap on my 94 YJ for some time now, only get to work on it during long weekends, so this has been moving forward very slowly...

(Long story short) I've been able to successfully swap everything over the new frame that has been coated with POR15. While doing this swap, I also swapped a 8.8 rear with factory LSD, gave it a 4" suspension lift +1" body and currently have 38's bolted up as a roller.. I'd say that I was quite successful with the more involved fabrication work.. But I cant manage to get the Jeep to start every time.

I haven't gotten to check spark or if its getting air.. I started with fuel and immediately found that it had no fuel pressure build up at the rail.

During the course of swapping in new parts, I replaced the fuel pump with a brand new unit. The original one was so badly corroded, was pretty amazed that it still managed to work before I began taking everything apart to swap the frame.

Along with the fuel pump, I replaced all rubber lines and fitted a new fuel filter. I also replaced the pressure regulator and swapped the old injectors with the well known "4 hole" mustang units.

A couple of months ago, I did get the jeep to start a few times, but it took a good 30-45 secs of cranking for the pressure to slowly build up to 32psi (as shown on my gauge). But now it wont start at all... I've tried turning the key with the fuel hose to the rail disconnected and pointing down into a gas can. You can see the gas being pumped out very slowly, but when it is all bolted back up, the fuel gauge that is running off the fuel rail shows no fuel pressure build up at all..

I've done some extensive research by reading other threads & watching youtube vids. I've tried many of the things as shown on there, but couldn't get it to work here. I'm having some trouble figuring out what my next move should be.

Was hoping to get some feedback from you more experienced members on here.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-26-2017, 04:21 PM
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know this sounds like a stupid question but is the filter facing the right way?
Do you hear it prime when you turn the key and does your check engine light come on?

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

go back underneath by the fuel filter. Looking up towards the rear. look for the fuel supply, return, and vapor lines that come from the tank and clamp onto those hard lines. Undo the two fuel lines and rerun the pump. Is there strong flow at the hoses?

91 YJ Sahara, 4.0L, AX-15/NP231, D30/D35@3.07
12 Cherokee 4x4,3.7L,42RLE/MP1522, D30M/8.25@3.73
Emission test=YES
"Non Vi Sed, Arte"

post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Also check and make sure you have the supply and return hooked up right.
Same with the wires that connect to the fuel pump. It is easy to reverse them.
Pinched line could also be a problem.

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
fuel pump , jeep , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.