93 yj tranny/clutch problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 93 yj tranny/clutch problem

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Joetomchick01
1993 YJ Wrangler 

93 yj tranny/clutch problem

i have a 1993 yj, the tranny only grinds while downshifting, and my slave was leaking, so we replaced it today, well that didnt fix the problem.. clutch is fairly new, with probably 1000 miles. i dont know where else to go with it. if anyone has any suggestions, im appreciate it. thanks.

Joetomchick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well, its not a Porsche. I really don't downshift mine in the conventional sense. So I would suggest not doing that.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Joetomchick01
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshinefuel View Post
Well, its not a Porsche. I really don't downshift mine in the conventional sense. So I would suggest not doing that.
not doing what? downshifting its pretty hard not to when everywhere i go is hilly and need to downshift fairly often and it grinds and doesnt want to go into gear.
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
NineohsevenYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Have you checked your clutch master cyl? I was having grinding issues, then it stopped going into gear altogether, changed out the master & it shifts better than ever now. Make sure master is full & check for leaks inside the firewall where the clutch arm pushes & on the firewall in your engine bay. I've been told that once the clutch master goes the slave is next to go, or vice versa. (and I see you chNged out the slave so master could have failed)
NineohsevenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
Joetomchick01
1993 YJ Wrangler 

yeah, i have, it looks a little wet, however my fluid doesnt look any lower. i think ill just try replacing it anyways just to be safe since i replaced the slave cylinder.
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
Roadyy

1994 YJ Wrangler 

most here will advise you to change them out at the sametime anyways. Alot of the time when the M/C goes it will leak past the piston ram without leaking fluid out. I would agree to replace the M/C but only with an OEM replacement not a reman'd one from parts house.. Most ppl have them last a few months at best.
You get what you pay for,,
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.