93 yj new clutch kit master been 3 weeks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 93 yj new clutch kit master been 3 weeks

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
cff36

93 yj new clutch kit master been 3 weeks

Been 3 weeks since the install and have bled it once a week getting air every time it's the second new master. This last time I left the cap off while I did it and filled it before I let off the clutch. It's rock hard now do you think the 2nd new master is shot or could air be a problem for this long

cff36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
cff36

Yes the kit came with new slave and no fluid leakage
Unread 03-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Did you fully "bench-bleed" the master cyl prior to install? I have done this in the past, (or thought I did it really well....) and still had a soft pedal. I have had to disconnect and inject brake fluid retrograde thru the connections, as well as aspirate air out with a needle. Some are more difficult than others to get the air out, it can be messy and brake fluid will eat paint off your rig, so use a lotta towels/plastic if you have a tendency to be messy.

EDIT--my apologies, I was describing more the feel of a soft BRAKE pedal, however the bench bleeding of the master cyl still applies, clutch master or brake master.

Glad you seem to be back on the road, at least for now.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
cff36

Thanks for the info I bled it 3 more times and is on its third day and still holding so hopefully the air is all out
Unread 10-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
cff36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cff36
Been 3 weeks since the install and have bled it once a week getting air every time it's the second new master. This last time I left the cap off while I did it and filled it before I let off the clutch. It's rock hard now do you think the 2nd new master is shot or could air be a problem for this long

Took mine almost a month to get all the air out it'll happen good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.