93 yj hard doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 93 yj hard doors

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-31-2002, 07:04 AM   #1
leon94Z71

93 yj hard doors

hey, any easy way to remove hard doors on 93 yj? I'm looking to get the mirrors to mount on windshield, but can't figure out easy way of removing doors (other than the 6 hex screws in hindge for each door). any advice appreciated.
Leon

leon94Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2002, 07:43 AM   #2
YJXJBill

Your doors are made to remove easily. Look at the bottom of the top hinge on each door. There should be a nut that holds the door on. Remove the nut and lift straight up on the door. Make sure you undo the check strap on the inside of the door (lift it up off of the hook.

Hey, presto! no doors!

Bill
Unread 07-31-2002, 08:13 AM   #3
Kev
Master of the Obvious

If the doors have never been off before, it is likely that they will be hard to pull off the first time. Just soak the hinges with WD-40 or something and let it set for awhile (I would wipe off the excess so you don't damage the paint). Then lift up like YJXJBill posted, but becareful because when they break loose you can about throw the door if you're trying too hard . I also recommend rolling down the window first.

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2002, 10:15 AM   #4
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Definately use some penetrating oil on the hinges before tyring to remove the doors. While you are pulling up on the door try swinging it back and forth which should help you to get it out easier without killing yourself or the door.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2002, 10:58 AM   #5
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sorry .. I am not sure if I am reading the question correctly, but I understand it that you are wishing to remove the stock door mirrors off the doors and put CJ style mirrors onto the windshield hinge.

If that is the correct way to read the question .. then you would have to use the Torx bits to remove the bolts. You might wish to replace the hinges at the same time (they seize up on occasion) and replace the bolts with new ones. A good set of stainless steel hinges are a great addition to your unit .. and matching stainless CJ mirror brackets would be a must in that case
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2002, 11:54 AM   #6
skr91yj

Are you trying to tell me that they have doors for Jeeps? I almost forgot mine are somewhere buried in the back of my garage.
skr91yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2002, 12:04 PM   #7
Kev
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by skr91yj
Are you trying to tell me that they have doors for Jeeps? I almost forgot mine are somewhere buried in the back of my garage.
That sounds cold in a Chicago winter...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I really hate my doors too, until January, then they come in handy for keeping the cold and crap out!

As far as mount mirrors and removing doors, I reread the post and think he is asking about both. If you have the half-door style mirrors I recommend get some mirror movers, but if you have the cheesy small ones like I do, you'll have to go with the CJ style or something

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2002, 12:35 PM   #8
skr91yj

Warrior makes a relocation bracket that will not only move your mirror mounts to the window hinges, it also gives you a mount for a pair of offroad spotlights. as far as going doorless in Chicago, you dress warm, beef up the heater and don't drive on the highway.
skr91yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.