'93 YJ front wheel bearings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '93 YJ front wheel bearings

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-18-2001, 09:10 PM   #1
Colby Bruce

'93 YJ front wheel bearings

Has anyone ever replaced these or do they have to be done at the dealer? I think mine are making some noise, and the manual says the dealer must do this work. TIA

Colby Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2001, 09:38 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The bearings themselves are non-serviceable. You have to replace the hub/spindle/bearing assembly as a unit. It's not a real difficult job. But it does require specific tools. Someone on this board just recently went thru this and hopefully will pipe up. I'd recommend you do this yourself. It's good experience and it means you'll have the tools to fix an axle on the trail. There's no rocket science to this. Just look at it and you'll be able to tell what bolts need to be pulled. Once all the bolts are out, beat on it a few times with a hammer if it's stuck to break the assembly loose from the knuckle. Keep the old one for a trail spare.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2001, 12:04 PM   #3
gifargis

Chiltons Book for YJ's is the best source from information on this..
I followed the instructions and the parts were not to expensive.. and it only took about 3 -4 hours for both sides..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.