93 2.5 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 93 2.5

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #16
tilemike
1993 YJ Wrangler 

ive replaced the coil ,crankshaft positioner sensor and distributor still no spark ,engine just turns over wont start

tilemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #17
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure the cam position sensor is in the distributor. If you replaced the distributor, are you sure have it in the correct position? It won't start if it's just one tooth off. I know that one from experience.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
tilemike
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i thought it only does in one way with the end of diatributor going into oil punp notch
Unread 04-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #19
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

it can go in any way at all... The oil pump notch can turn when your putting the distributor into the block...... you have to get #1 cyl at top dead center and put the rotor at #1 on the cap exactly correct.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #20
tilemike
1993 YJ Wrangler 

after countless hours and a couple of hundred dollars ,the problem was a blown fuse with a hairline crack.so after all that jeep runs for a day and then dies ast stop sign and nothing at the key switch.this time the code thing worked and implied it was ac pulley cluth circiut open or shorted out,come to find out the started went out now up and running!for how long? yet to be seen .thanks everyone for all your help
Unread 04-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #21
87YJBill
1987 YJ Wrangler 

unplug speed sensor and see if it starts, the speed sensor power is from the ECM and also powers the cam and crank sensors. if the speed sensor shorts out, jeep wont start
87YJBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #22
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You will always get the A/C relay code if you don't have A/C. Glad to hear your running again.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.