Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

'92 YJ no pressure on the clutch pedal

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jeepyj7037 
#1 ·
hey, my clutch pedal doesnt have any resistance just stopped working on a cold morning, i figure it is the slave cylinder but just wanted to make sure

#2 ·
Did ya check the fluid level?If so look for leaks,and if none are found crack the bleeder screw on the slave while a friend stands on the clutch pedal to make sure the master cylinder is doing it's job.that will tell ya which is bad,slave or master cylinder,i bet it's a leak though with no pressure at all.

#3 ·
I would start looking at the master cylinder first.

Here's my write-up (with pics) on a '89 YJ, only difference is that your '94 should have the roll pin holding the line in the master. There is also a pic of what to look for under the dash for signs of fluid loss from a leaking master cylinder.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=728960

Max

#4 ·
READ the INFO Here First!

My Gawd, whatever you do, read all the advice here on Jeep Forum first! My buddy and I (mainly me) just assumed that you had to cut that stupid plastic line off the barbed fitting attached to the master cylinder. DO NOT touch that plastic line! The fitting comes out of the old master cylinder via a push pin.

Look to see if you have fluid leaking into the Jeep at the firewall. If you do, you've blown your clutch master cylinder. If not, then it's your dreaded internal slave cylinder.

Read all the info here first.

And Goo Luck!

Cruisers

#5 ·
Look to see if you have fluid leaking into the Jeep at the firewall. If you do, you've blown your clutch master cylinder. If not, then it's your dreaded internal slave cylinder

Cruisers
94 YJ--External clutch slave cyl. You're fortunate in that blessing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.