92 yj chief hybrid - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 92 yj chief hybrid

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
jaglusby
1992 YJ Wrangler 

thanks same thing i said when i first saw it i was like wait how long has this thing been sitting ?? but also did a little more research and my motor in 79 had 245 hp and 365 ft/lb with a 2 barrel carb and talking with my dads friend he said it has a bigger cam better head and better intake manifold with a 4 barrel so it is probably somewhere around 260? but tomorrows project is getting the carb clean and blowing everything that dosent belong off (mice or some kind off critter nest)then the ignition system and maybe have it fired up by the weekend

jaglusby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #17
jaglusby
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i still need help on the axle swap and i still want to use my original leaf mounts on all corners the front is where i have the problem and the back is pretty simple cut the mounts off weld new ones on in the stock location but the front is whats got me worried should i just do a SOA on it or keep it SUA ?
Unread 09-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Technically swapping the drive train from a older vehicle into a newer one is illegal

I would just swap the axles then regear them to 5.13 for the 35's
Yes . I have an 88 4.3 in my 90. But whos checking?

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #19
jaglusby
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i dont think anyone will no emissions or inspection in md after 20years so no one is going to check unless you are really hotroding it through a privet rich neighbor hood
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #20
jaglusby
1992 YJ Wrangler 

haven't had time to get on here but got the motor fired up then backfired and caught the motor on fire just a couple wires burnt up but nothing serious(always keep a fire extinguisher around) but nor have i had time to work on it but i will be adjusting the timing and trying to fire it back up this time with a breather on but i was ecstatic when i heard it fire for the first time

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.