92 Wrangler computer codes 12 33 and 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 92 Wrangler computer codes 12 33 and 55

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Bowfin
1992 YJ Wrangler 

92 Wrangler computer codes 12 33 and 55

My CEL light is showing on my Jeep, turned out to be a bad thermostat as the code indicated the motor wasn't heating up fast enough and running too cool. I installed a new TStat and disconnected the battery to reset and my CEL is still lit. Now I get codes 12 33 and 55.

12- battery has been disconnected
33- no AC relay
55- end of codes

To me this indicates all the codes are clear as my Jeep didn't have AC and the only way to reset the Codes is disconnecting the battery. It's also my understadning that all non-ac jeeps will show a code 33 when retrieved, but shouldn't cause a CEL light.

So why would I still have a lit CEL light with those 2 codes- 12 and 33?

My favorite color on my Jeep is mud ;D
Bowfin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

you shouldnt. How long did you disconect the battery for ? sometimes you need to leave it disconected for a half hour or so to let all the power drain out of the capacitors in the computer.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I agree. I would just take the terminal off for the night and put it back on in the morning. Waiting that long isn't necessary but it only takes a couple of minutes to put it back on.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
cjapgar

1994 YJ Wrangler 

with the yj the codes an come through the dash check engine light 12= start of sequence 33= air conditioner 55= end of sequence

so you are good
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

Bacon is meat candy!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
cjapgar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
92yjwrangler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

the battery just mean in the last like 50 key cycles the battery was disconnected
Unread 09-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The CEL should be lit with the ignition key on, but extinguish when the engine is running. 12,33,and 55 will not trigger the CEL to light while the engine is running.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.