92 Sahara Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 92 Sahara Build

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
jsahara24
1999 XJ Cherokee 

92 Sahara Build

Whats up guys, I started this project sometime around June 07' and just got it to a point where I am fairly happy with where it is at. I still need to do some sort of paint job, suggestions or comments welcomed on all aspects of my build.

Here is the jeep when I first got it, and probably part/if not all of the reason I had rust issues...

Then I put on a set of 1" Lift Shackles and 31 BFG All-Terrains and the rocker guards and rear corner guards to "cover" up my tub rust....

It finally got a point where i didn't feel safe driving the jeep anymore, so I had to take the tub off the frame, grind all the rust off the frame, coated and fishplated some areas of the frame. I also got a new tub to replace the severely corroded original.

While the jeep was taken apart, i installed a 3.5" Bds suspension, 1" daystar body lift, 1" Daystar MML, brake lines, SYE & CV driveshaft, 6* shims and all that other fun stuff...Here it sits on my 31's..

So then i sold the 31's and went searching for 33 or 35's on black steelies... Finally found a set of 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud-Terrains and here is how it currently sits...

Now I realize the weak links in the jeep is the rear Dana 35, and the overall gearing. I thought the gearing was going to be more of an issue, but it actually pulls out pretty well in first gear, guess im lucky i have the 4.0L..

Future plans include a 8.8" rear with 4.88 gears all around, with Aussie lockers front and rear and 35 or 36 Swamper Radials... It is mainly a street jeep now, and not my daily driver, so I want to stick with radials...

Suggestions, comments or criticisms welcomed!! Jason

Unread 02-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

See my rust thread for what I have to deal with before I do ANY of the mods you listed. Did I mention that I hate you now

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
richmond1273
1995 YJ Wrangler 

looks good for some werid reason i kind of like the multi color look!?! throw some tj flares on there and you can defintly fit 35-36's on there(after the axle swap of course). 4.88's seem kind of low to me if you want it to be a DD but if it isn't why not! 4.10's on 33's are perfect for me. good build thread. keep us updated as you continue with axles and such. take plenty of pics.

1995 Wrangler 4.0 AX15 NP231 D30 & 35 4.10 gears
3" Rough Country suspension 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT

2007 JK 3.8 42RLE Auto NV241 D30 & D44 4.10 gears
richmond1273 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
jsahara24
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have followed your thread rusty, hang in there bud!! Luckily I don't have any children, so my free time is more than most...

TJ Flares are definitely in my future for the rear, I also like the look of the front tube fenders so I might go that route up front.... My thoughts on the gearing, I only want to have to re-gear once since that is one thing I will not attempt myself, so i figured i might as well go a little low and at that point i hope to have 36's... Opinions?

I think if you had to make a two tone jeep, these two colors go together pretty well! haha.. I found a site where i can order my original "sage green low gloss" paint, so my plan is to order that and do my best attempt at a paint job....

* i took a real lot of pictures during my build, if anyone would like to see anythign specific chances are i can dig it up... THanks..
Unread 02-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
BadAddetude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What's the site that has the original paint? How much is it? Link?
1995 YJ: 4.0, 700R4, 231 C/J case, TeraFlex SS SYE/CV shaft, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 136 Amp Alternator, Trans Cooler, Pavement Ends Flip-top/H-T, 2'' BDS Suspension Lift, MORE 5/8' Greasables, Sony GT-210 Xplode Head.

Under the Knife! See the build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/badaddetudes-build-project-hrp-602142/
BadAddetude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
jsahara24
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAddetude
I have the link saved on my home computer, i will post it up after work tonight.

Other upgrades i forgot to mention, undercoated the bottom of the tub before i put it on, truck bed lined the inside of the tub, new exhaust manifold, dynomax cat back exhaust and im sure there are more im forgetting..

i still need to get a console, i have heard people recommend a tuffy lookalike on ebay? Anyone have any suggestions on that console or any others you would recomend? I am currently using one of those cigarette lighter coolers from walmart.. hahaa..

Last edited by jsahara24; 02-01-2008 at 12:07 PM..
jsahara24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
jsahara24
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAddetude
http://www.paintscratch.com/

When i put in my 92 jeep is shows the sage green matte, which is the color the dealership told me i had. I haven't ordered anything yet though to give them a thumbs up or down..
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #8
green_jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

jsahara24 you should get new seats dude then sell me yours LOL
green_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #9
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Ditto on the multi-color, those colors actually go well together. Looks great!

Last edited by BlackRhino; 02-01-2008 at 07:39 PM..
BlackRhino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #10
jsahara24
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_jeep
jsahara24 you should get new seats dude then sell me yours LOL
for the right price everything is for sale! I just don't think it would be worthwhile for you! haha...

and thanks again, I spent a lot of friday and saturday nights in the garage. I think its why my girlfriend dumped me!!! At least i can work on my jeep without any bickering now! haha..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.