92 jeep wrangler 4.0 running rich/other problems?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 92 jeep wrangler 4.0 running rich/other problems??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
restep13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

92 jeep wrangler 4.0 running rich/other problems??

I have a 92 wrangler 4.0l 5speed when i first bought it last year i did the following!

-plugs
-wires
-fuel filter
-throttle body spacer
-short ram intake

LIL SPECS ON THE JEEP

bought it with 189k on it they owner said he had a new long block put in at 80k miles no records tho... and it now has 205k miles on it i change the oil every 5k cause i drive all highway with this jeep..it has 30x9.5x15 on stock steel wheels. i replaced the shocks,bumpers,stereo and new speakers, rinod the whole inside of the TUB, new headlights, and the Above stuff i stated when i bought it!

it has never really gotten above 240 miles to a tank of gas and its a 17G tank so lately its been bogging down real bad when i go up hills or anything in like 5th gear and i alway have to down shift to remain the same speed! i read everywhere it was a clogged cat so yesterday i cut the cat off and just welded a straight pipe where that used to be. I noticed that the inside of the exhaust pipe is CAKED with black fuel carbon build up and i mean CAKED and even the muffler tip has it all inside and around the outside....also sometimes while im driving the jeep like sputters when i mash the gas down and then goes in any gear doesnt matter..if i smash it down it falls on its face for like 1 second and then is fine! Im trying to figure out these problems i have dailyed this jeep for over a year now and it has been one of the best jeeps ive owned!

Thanks in advance

restep13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
restep13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

anyone????
restep13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.