91 yj steering column wiring diagram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 91 yj steering column wiring diagram

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
baltimorebiker
1995 YJ Wrangler 

91 yj steering column wiring diagram

I am STUMPED !!!!!!!!!
i have a thread going on concerning my 91-95 body and harness swap , now no dash lights and no ignition from column! does anyone please have a decent wiring diagram of the plugs and the wires that plug into the steering column on a 91 yj 4.0 and if so could yo possibly email me a copy ?
man i am pulling my hair out on this one
SO CLOSE YET SO FAR AWAY !
thanks in advance
Chuck

baltimorebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
mityike
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Is there a difference between 90 0and 91? My 90 has a 98 4.0 motor and I think I have the wiring diagrams in my office. Will check in the am and let you know.
mityike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
mazyj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I also have a 91 YJ 4.0 and have completely swapped columns out from another jeep. I never ran into any wiring problems, does your replacement harness require you to splice things up rather than a plug and play kinda setup? I would be happy to look at my jeep if you can tell me what exactly you need to know.

Edit: Also from my experience from junk yard hunting and such the '91 seemed to be the bastard child of wiring with the 87-90 models have one kind dash wiring, and the 92+ jeeps having another. For instance the center five gauges as far as i have found can ONLY come from another '91 to plug right up, all the models i have checked from other years used slightly different gauges with slightly different plugs.
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
baltimorebiker
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i used the same column with the same harness just s different body !..man what a pain in the A%% !
if one of you guys could email me the diagram that would be great and Mazyj that may be a big help maybe tomorrow after work we could talk and compare some things .....feel free to email me your number or i can send you mine .thanks
chuck
baltimorebiker@comcast.net
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I warned you about that steering coulm. The ignition switch is wired different different. Email me tomorrow or call me.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
baltimorebiker
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
I warned you about that steering coulm. The ignition switch is wired different different. Email me tomorrow or call me.

I know you did thats why i used the original 91 column with all the 91 interior and exterior harness's , i just went and used the 91 gauges like we talked about so it should not be the switch since that is all 91 and worked perfect i just used the 95 body that its everything else is 91 motor tranny harness gauges column etc etc
thanks Que if ya have any other ideas please let me know you have been a big help so far with this project i owe ya one man ! thanks thanks thanks thanks
chuck

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.