91 YJ Restoration w/PICS* - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 91 YJ Restoration w/PICS*

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #46
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Brake equalizer is a dealer part only. Unfortunately, no one in the aftermarket has made these.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #47
hotelconucc93

2010 YJ Wrangler 

No they make them.

http://www.oconeeoffroad.com/servlet...h-BRAKE/Detail

If you buy here, you use their codes and get free shipping...or you look for the same part on Ebay sold by same guy and pay less, but then pay shipping. Up to how you work your internet buying.

My Build Thread --->>> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...ilding-869713/

Not my write up, but now one of my jeeps losing a BA and gaining an AX-> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/y...ite-up-312203/
hotelconucc93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #48
hotelconucc93

2010 YJ Wrangler 

I would also note that you can find the part sometimes when looking through jegs or summit. I found a similar part there as far as the forward cable goes. You can also use that parts list and cross reference part number with either your local stealership or the mopar vender under the JF vendor link or use moparonlineparts for a discount there too.

Local guy here quotes on the forum in the vendor area I believe.

Not my write up, but now one of my jeeps losing a BA and gaining an AX-> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/y...ite-up-312203/
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #49
hotelconucc93

2010 YJ Wrangler 

wyckoffparts is listed under Vendor Display and has a thread going full steam or you can use his web site

Unread 03-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #50
MrJohn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/1991/...lls/index.html

Not sure if it's the same part, but there was a parking brake recall. If you're PO hasn't gotten any recalls, I would get them.
MrJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #51
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

My mistake... I've looked before and never found anything but the dealer part.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #52
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm subscribed for two reasons.

1) you have as much rust as I did, and I love seeing how people tackle it.

2) your avatar makes me feel all warm inside.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #53
hotelconucc93

2010 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohn View Post
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/1991/...lls/index.html

Not sure if it's the same part, but there was a parking brake recall. If you're PO hasn't gotten any recalls, I would get them.
Good point. Before I tore mine apart I took it in to the dealer so that they would do the gas tank seal and the parking brake. Theory on the gas tank seal was that they would go through the hell to loosen it up and put the new gasket where I could get to it, and the parking brake assy so I would have a new one to build around.

The parking brake recall is only for the pedal & mount, not the equalizer, so no joy there. They didn't even bother to adjust the parking brakes when I had it done. They just pulled old one and put in new one. Glad because pull handle on the old one was broken off

So when I pulled the tank I had a fresh rubber seal and it came off fine, and the brake got "fixed". Still, you gotta check what was donebut you gotta drive it in me thinks...

Unread 03-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #54
MrJohn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotelconucc93 View Post
Good point. Before I tore mine apart I took it in to the dealer so that they would do the gas tank seal and the parking brake. Theory on the gas tank seal was that they would go through the hell to loosen it up and put the new gasket where I could get to it, and the parking brake assy so I would have a new one to build around.

The parking brake recall is only for the pedal & mount, not the equalizer, so no joy there. They didn't even bother to adjust the parking brakes when I had it done. They just pulled old one and put in new one. Glad because pull handle on the old one was broken off

So when I pulled the tank I had a fresh rubber seal and it came off fine, and the brake got "fixed". Still, you gotta check what was donebut you gotta drive it in me thinks...
Ah, just the pedal and mount. I'd definitely still try to check what was done like he said, it's free.
MrJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 08:26 AM   #55
Boss_hog
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotelconucc93 View Post
No worries. Were you able to get the stuff I recommended?
Yeah got it all
Boss_hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #56
Boss_hog
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Lift ideas

Okay I'm almost ready to paint the frame should have an update on Sunday. I am thinking about buying a black diamond suspension lift from quadratic. Im going to go with the 1.5 inch lift. Also I am going to get the 1 inch daystar body mounts.

Any thoughts, opinions, comments on the lift kit? I don't want to put money into other things like regearing , drive shaft, etc. So that's why I'm doing the 1.5 inch lift. I have 31s tires right now that are in good shape. But any thoughts on the black diamond lifts?

Your .02 cents matters to me
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #57
Boss_hog
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Update

Didnt get to paint the frame this weekend

Bumbed out cause it would have been nice to have seen some serious progress. I am hoping to get finished with this by the summer. Here are a few pics to where Im at...

One of the body mounts needed some repair. The metal was really thin. So I welded a piece of metal on top of it and the drilled a hole threw it. Happy with the results.

Also a pic of my pops helping me out
72.jpg   76.jpg   81.jpg   79.jpg   80.jpg  

Unread 04-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #58
Boss_hog
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Update #2

Here are some pics of the before and after of the front passenger side frame. This was the only weak spot on the frame surprisingly. This would have been scary if I was driving down the street and didnt have it fixed

I think it turned out well hopefully it will hold up
147.jpg   164.jpg   75.jpg   77.jpg  
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #59
Boss_hog
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Update #3

Last one for the day I swear

Okay so I'm totally getting overwhelmed with this. What did I get myself into. No one I know thinks I am going to finish this Booo. I bought some 91 jeep manuals on ebay though so Im feeling alittle better about it. Just nervous.

I think im finally down with grinding the frame too. Man I think I have rust in my veins now. I am soo sick of grinding looking forward to start on the body sooon

Do you guys think i need some new body mounts, Fenders, and A Dash or what??

I am pretty sure I am going to buy a custom Dash from Double D Fab. He looks like he does good work.
152.jpg   98.jpg   91.jpg   137.jpg   254.jpg  

Unread 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #60
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

FWIW, I haven't heard anyone ever recommend a Black Diamond lift, but maybe that's because not many people have them...? I've got my eye on a BDS kit if my Rough Country springs start sagging too much. They (BDS) have a no questions asked warranty.

Here's the 2". Again, I have no personal experience with their products but hear good things.
http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=34&yr=1987-1995

BDS Suspension is not the same as Black Diamond Suspension but people on the forum get it confused sometimes.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.