91 wrangler no power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 91 wrangler no power

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Bill91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

91 wrangler no power

i have a 91 wrangler and all of a sudden it just has no power.it wont go over 35mph. it has rpm's when u rev it on idle just cant get enough power to get out of 3rd gear while driving. i checked the engine codes and got a 12 and 15 and 33 but i have no air conditioning and the 12 is no problem because my battery is hooked up. but i dont know about the distance sensor or circuit for the 15 code. any advice?

Bill91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A lot of the times power loss is due to the exhaust being clogged, (bad cat convt), not enough fuel, (low fuel pressure), or 02 sensor. Just giving you some common causes. I don't know what is wrong with yours.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Bill91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

well my next step is to change the fuel filter since it will b the cheapest. but after i posted this i had a friend look at it and he noticed also the vacuum line running from the head cover to the exhaust was broke at the rubber boot, and the weird thing is it ran better with the line off but still no power.... i dont know if that has anything to do with it but now im not sure what to make of it.
Unread 09-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
rustyjeepguy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thats how i got my 90 yj for 500 bucks wouldnt go past 35 roughly. it was my cat clogged up. i replaced it and problem fixed.
rustyjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
Bill91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

sweet well thanks for the advice ill try the fuel filter and cat and hope for the best

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.