91 windshield wiper motor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 91 windshield wiper motor

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights

Unread 10-24-2003, 04:02 PM   #1
siltbowhunter

91 windshield wiper motor

while off roading this year i hit a large hole and the windshield wipers just stopped straight up. they do not work still and i have noticed a strang sound under the dash on driver side. also i have notice the voltmeter is now flicking when hearing the sound under dash.

what is the easiest way to check the wiper motor?

siltbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2003, 04:06 PM   #2
Slim
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by siltbowhunter
while off roading this year i hit a large hole and the windshield wipers just stopped straight up. they do not work still and i have noticed a strang sound under the dash on driver side. also i have notice the voltmeter is now flicking when hearing the sound under dash.

what is the easiest way to check the wiper motor?
something like that happened to me a while back my wiper motor ground had gotten knocked loose, just drop the windshield down and the motor will be right there.

[CENTER]Lift,Lockers,& 36's.[/CENTER]
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2003, 05:10 PM   #3
siltbowhunter

i will give a try here shortly.
thanks
siltbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2003, 05:30 PM   #4
BombThreat

If you havent ever lowered you windsheld frame, be really careful when you try. You could bend/fold your hindges. If your unsure i'd soke them with some wd-40 before trying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.