91 Sahara build - Looking for advice. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 91 Sahara build - Looking for advice.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
danpetchy
2001 WJ 

91 Sahara build - Looking for advice.

I have a 91 Sahara that i got about 6 months ago. Its a 4.0l, automatic with 115,000 miles. I bought it as a fun / snow plow jeep.

Here is a bunch of pictures from the day i bought it up until now. https://plus.google.com/photos/11698...OjIsZjmkavjigE

Since I bought it I installed:
  • 4" rough country lift
  • 33x12.5 procomp a/t tires on 15x10.5 procomp alloy wheels
  • Herculined the interior
  • HID headlights and LED fog lights
  • TAG 6" fender flares
  • Blaupunkt headunit
  • Air intake
  • Exhaust (Flowmaster super 40 muffler, no cat, new tailpipe)

Here starts where I could use some advice.

The transmission has started slipping when i put it in gear, and is leaking fluid (not leaving puddles but the trans and transfer case are always wet). Should I rebuild the trans or replace it? And if i replace it, since the 3 speed kinda sucks in my opinion, is there a 4 or 5 speed trans that would work for not a lot of extra money. Down the road I'm thinking of doing a v8 or 4bt swap but I'm thinkng that will be in a year or so.

Also because of installing the new fender flares i have about 40 old holes in the fenders and tub from the old flares and side pieces. Whats is the best way to fix this? Just have a body shop fill them and repaint? Thanks in advance.

Tags
fender flares , lift kit , plow , sahara , tranny slipping

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.