91' ROUGH Idle/Stall out. HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 91' ROUGH Idle/Stall out. HELP

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 05-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
anklenawer
1991 YJ Wrangler 

91' ROUGH Idle/Stall out. HELP

alright boys, here we go.

I havne't noticed this creeping up or anything - just happened today while on the highway for a while - came into town and hit a stop sign... then she was idling at about 400 rpms - almost stalled out - a few times while in park it actually did stall out.

heres what i have noticed

-pretty good humming coming from the gas tank ( fuel pump )

- when i press the brake pedel a few times - it idles almost normal ( vacume leak)

- gave it new plugs/wires/cap/rotor - sea foam throttle body and even got a new TPS

- used carb cleaner around vacuums lines - couldn't find any problems.

- there was a screw plugging one vacuum line, ( been there forever) took it out and it will idle about about 400 but not shaking and stalling..

there is all i got for you gurus out there - help me out and lets see if we can't narrow this down.

Happy Memorial Day.!

anklenawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

First, I would suggest that you pull and clean the IAC and the port for it on the Throttle Body.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
anklenawer
1991 YJ Wrangler 

SOLVED:

Fuel filter - i never had the a problem and the fuel filter actually fix it..

lucky me!

happy memorial day

BTW i replaced the IAC a year ago
anklenawer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.