90YJ/With MC2100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 90YJ/With MC2100

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 10-08-2005, 05:42 AM   #1
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

90YJ/With MC2100

Yes I am a gluton for punishment but I bought another 1990 YJ last night. The price was right $1300. Looks good but has problems. The 4.2 has a MC2100 that was never finished. The motor will run fine. I drove it home but it will not idle for *****. Let off the gas and it dies quicker than Paris Hilton changes sex partners. I can not find a vacuum leak but have no idea what else would cause this. As long as I feather the throttle it will run and seems to hit on all six. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help
Scot

At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Found it! Crack in the adapter plate........
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.