90 YJ ??? What if??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 90 YJ ??? What if???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
Just store extra parts in a faraday box. And put them on after the blast.
funny - I was just about to suggest he build a roll cage for the passenger compartment, and a Faraday cage for the engine compartment

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #17
Dake

1991 YJ Wrangler 

All I got in mine for the YJ is a ECM. I need to think what else I'll need.
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #18
Grudge-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbos76cj View Post
I thought this was a hypothetical discussion? The 4bt is a pretty comin swap now a days.. I have a buddy who did one on his yj and actually made $15 by parting out and scrapping the rest of a bread truck. Made decent coin from recying the aluminum side panels.. Make sure you pull it off and scrap it seperately so you get paid the higher price..
Yea so did I when I started it!!!! Now im about $5000 into it!!! Looking for help with 4bt to ax15
Grudge-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #19
jimbos76cj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Eh.. I would look for another trans to go with that 4bt.. I don't think a ax-15 will hold up to the torque of the deisel. I can ask a friend what he's running in his. I think it's a sm465?? Maybe?
88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #20
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

X3 for Farraday the engine compartment.
Even better just shield your hardened bunker and store the rig in there along with the weaponry and 3 yrs worth of food.

You planning on armegedon soon?
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.