90 yj... take out computer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 90 yj... take out computer?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Hillbilly Jeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

90 yj... take out computer?

ok gonna make a long story short...i have a 90 yj with a 4.2l webber carb with a crt performance dizzy.. now back to the story...im finally getting my frame fixed by a very good friend of mine and he told me he cut the wiring harness to the computer.. do i need the harness and computer for anything..? does the instrument cluster go threw it? i wish he didnt cut it but he said it wasnt hooked up to anything ...so what do u all think

Jeremy

Hillbilly Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Computer
OH YEAH you mean that thing mine USED to have years ago before I made it much more dependable and efficient.
With a webber and CRT the only thing you computer has to do is look at the O2 level while it plays with itself.
Remove it and you will see a big performance gain..that pound and a half of anchor is really slowing you down
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
YJ4LIFE
1989 YJ Wrangler 

you might want to leave it in case you sell it and want to put a stock carb back on. I wish i did. Just unplug it.
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You want them? I got the carter, dizzy and computer in a box in the garage attic.
Never going back in, I just saved them because I saved everything I took off....I'kk OCD like that.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
YJ4LIFE
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post
You want them? I got the carter, dizzy and computer in a box in the garage attic.
Never going back in, I just saved them because I saved everything I took off....I'kk OCD like that.
I still have everything but I trimmed the wiring harness down to the bare minimum. I'm about to do a junkyard fuel injection swap but thank you anyway.
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Too late if it's cut now, may as well toss it.

I have a spare too, because I did a FI conversion and saved the parts.. figured someone might need it to pass inspection.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:55 AM   #7
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's not doing anything anyhow with the mods that are already on the Jeep. Physically removing it isn't going to change anything.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.