90 yj laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 90 yj laredo

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-04-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
hotrdlx

90 yj laredo

So i found a 90 laredo, 134,000 miles 4.2 auto hardtop. Perfect body, original paint never been wrecked, great shape inside and out looks like its never been off road. Going to drive it tomorow but am wondering about the transmission and how well they hold up, i plan to do some mild off roading and will probably drive it to work and use it as a 2nd vehicle. Anything else i should be aware of before i buy it? $3500 sound like a good price for it if it runs and drives well? Thanks

hotrdlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #2
fire11774

I think you got it covered
fire11774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2006, 12:29 AM   #3
hotrdlx

Im pretty sure im gonna buy it if it runs near as good as it looks. Mainly want some input on the transmission since i dont know anything about the TF 999 and cant find anything useful online, how many miles are they good for, are they prone to problems, i plan to tow a small boat occasionally will it hold up as well as the 5 speeds of these years. And are there are any other points to look at.
hotrdlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2006, 05:01 AM   #4
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have never heard of any issues with the tf999(Just that you need to reroute the vent hose for the transmission if you plan on driving in deep water.) For the most part they seem to be a good reliable transmission. I have 149K on mine and it shifts great..
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
thatcracker

Does anyone know if YJ Laredo's include Cruise Control?? We just bough a 1990 Wrangler and were pretty sure its a laredo but have to replace a few parts and apparently we have the wrong one because it has cruise control. Anyhelp is thankful
thatcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 06:18 AM   #6
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatcracker View Post
Does anyone know if YJ Laredo's include Cruise Control?? We just bough a 1990 Wrangler and were pretty sure its a laredo but have to replace a few parts and apparently we have the wrong one because it has cruise control. Anyhelp is thankful
start a new thread instead of posting on a thread that died 8 years ago

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #7
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

you can email chrysler about 4 times and they will finally send you a build sheet. my laredo came with cruise control though
Unread 01-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
brzehentmaier

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure you crawl underneath and check the frame for rot. Bring a screw driver and poke around the rear sping shackels, the hump where it goes over the rear end, the inside hidden by the trans. skid plate and in front by the steering gear box. There are alot of sweet jeeps out there with rotten frames. They sell plates to fix these problem areas but it all depends on how bad it is. Hopfully yours will be rot free.

Bernie
2.5 - Auto - Crager "D" Slots
A Work In Progress

2004 Liberty Columbia Pkg.
A new begining
brzehentmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #9
brzehentmaier

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatcracker

start a new thread instead of posting on a thread that died 8 years ago

x2

Bernie
2.5 - Auto - Crager "D" Slots
A Work In Progress

2004 Liberty Columbia Pkg.
A new begining
brzehentmaier is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.