90 YJ chatter from starter/auto trans - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 90 YJ chatter from starter/auto trans

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
90YJJEEPIN
1990 YJ Wrangler 

90 YJ chatter from starter/auto trans

Hi, I have a 90 YJ 4.2 with an auto trans. The previous owner replaced the starter due to some other issues (aftermarket alarm) that they were having with it not starting. I have since removed said alarm and now starts fine every time. My issue that I'm having with it is it has a "chatter" type noise under a load in drive or reverse intermittently noticeable at idle, not while driving. I checked and found I could feel it in the starter, so I shimmed it and it improved but still is there. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was your fix?

90YJJEEPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

not i

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.