9 inch swap questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 9 inch swap questions.

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 04-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
DontTouchIt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

9 inch swap questions.

I picked up a big bearing 9 inch today. The seller said it had come off a Marc 2 or something. Anyways, it already has disc brakes on it. They are 5x4.5 lugs. I was wondering is it easier to swap this to 5x5.5 than trying to do discs on a bronco axle. I would prefer to keep it set up with discs.

DontTouchIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You will have a few options, it the axle flange is big enough you could have it redrilled, spacer/adapters or different shafts.
How wide is the Marc 2 axle?
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
DontTouchIt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The axle is right around 63 inches wms, the front I'm using is 65. Figured it would be a good match.
DontTouchIt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.