89 YJ Speedo Gear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 89 YJ Speedo Gear

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
monkey710

89 YJ Speedo Gear

I know there are a lot of posts about this and there are excellent directions on here, but I am still having problems. I have narrowed down the problem to that the gear just isn't meshing. I am using the same gear since I bought the wrong size so that is not the problem. All the directions on here are a different transfer case and for electric speedometers so it isn't completely helpful. I am trying to line up the correct gear range, but there is no dot to line up as shown in the various directions on line. I thought I have tried every combination, but still cannot get it to seat right. Anyone have this issue and know which direction I should be trying it in? Thanks.

monkey710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

dont worry about the dot part.. remove the cable then install the adapter back into the transfer. Then using an allen wrench or something similar move the gear while moving the adapter till you cant move the gear any longer. Then tighten down the adapter and reinstall the cable.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
monkey710

That was the perfect little tip I needed. Thanks so much!
monkey710 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.