'89 YJ Sahara build thread - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > '89 YJ Sahara build thread

Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved d

Unread 03-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #241
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

well the 4.0 is bolted onto the mounts and all mated up to the transmission. Got the CPS hooked up.
Still a little confused on the wiring. Does anyone know which wire I need to connect to power to boot up the XJ computer. I really wanna start this thing even if I don't have all the gauges and what not hooked up.

WTS: 4.2 parts. Fuel lines, pump, block, head, accessories, just ask
green89yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #242
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Still lookin for a wiring diagram from a 96 cherokee if anyone on here has one saved.
Unread 03-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #243
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm hopin to be finishing up the 4.0 swap sometime soon like maybe this weekend. I had been on spring break from school but unable to work on the jeep because my grandparents traveled down from South Dakota and rented a condo, knowing it was going to coincide with my spring break. Oh well. If you ever get a bad sunburn itch I recommend ice to take away the original itch lots of aloe vera, motrin, and benadryl to keep it down haha

So on the 4.0 swap I'm a little stuck at the wiring. I have a 97 XJ fsm on PDF which should be basically the same thing. I have been reading about supplying power to the computer from the bulkhead connector so that it's on an ignition fused circuit but I don't know how to go about doing this. Any help would be appreciated.
Unread 04-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #244
8nine-sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

how's the swap going?
Unread 04-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #245
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I drove it around the neighborhood two sundays ago and didn't get any work done last weekend because of prom stuff. I ended up using the XJ harness on both sides of the dash and now I have to sort out all my turn signals and brake lights. I have headlights, marker lights, and hazards up front but I've only wired up the tail lights in the rear. I don't have turn signals on either end.

I'm looking at this when I get it going to attach my MasterCraft shoulder straps to.
[img]://www.4wd.com/aux_incl/images.ashx?i=RH1004.jpg&partNo=RFP&w=380[img]
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=14275#
Unread 11-02-2010, 06:51 AM   #246
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Gotten a fair amount done since I was on last. I'll try to get pictures soon.
I installed that RockHard Harness bar and got my shoulder straps in. I repainted the whole cage with Rustoleum Hammered Black.
I built a rear swingout bumper/tire carrier. I bought the A to Z hinge kit. We welded in a receiver tube on the bottom for a hitch. For the tire carrier I welded two uprights onto the swing arm and welded the stock tire carrier that bolts onto the tailgate on. I'm still working on the latch. I ordered a cam style one from De-Sta-Co but when it got here I realized that it was a miniature version. I don't really wanna order a fullsize one for $80.

Next project was a CJ dash so I could wire all my own stuff from the engine swap. I talked to Dan Dilner and got him to send me a drawing. I ordered gauges from Summit and told him the dimensions and he had it to me in a couple weeks. A friend and I got it wired up with gauges, turn signal indicators, ignitions switch, headlights switch, radio. Now I need to get my heater controls figured out.
Unread 11-02-2010, 06:53 AM   #247
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The most recent project was a one inch hockey puck body lift cause I was scrubbing something terrible in the back. I think a new set of springs may be in order soon. I'm gonnna call Rough Country and see if I can get these replaced under warranty. I also just saw some ProComp 4" springs local on craigslist.
Which do you think will be better? Rough Country or Pro Comp.
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #248
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well guys, long time no post but I sold the Jeep to a family friend who then proceeded to sell it to a really good buddy of mine from high school. Right before I sold it, I put Poison Spyder beadlocks and 36" Super Swampers on it. It has since been painted silver and had a little suspension work done. My friend is sourcing some DANA 60's right now and collecting parts for a SOA. I don't know if he is gonna take over the thread or start a new one but I'm sure he will be hitting y'all up for some advice.
s
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #249
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Here is how she sits now
img_0218.jpg   img_0217.jpg   img_0216.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.