Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

'89 Wrangler YJ suspension lift

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  macfero 
#1 ·
Hi.

I'm going to buy a 2.5'' Rough Country suspension lift kit and I'm wondering if it is necessary a SYE .
Who has assembled such a kit please help me with some advice.

Thanks to all.

#5 ·
No Sye needed in 6 months they will sag back to what you have now...... so no you wont need nothing like that...

RC blows, go buy some OME or BDS springs and be done

#6 ·
No Sye needed in 6 months they will sag back to what you have now...... so no you wont need nothing like that...

RC blows, go buy some OME or BDS springs and be done
but I don't know where to buy BDS suspension lift kit in EU.
maybe someone help with an information because if I order from USA the shipping cost is to expensive.
So I'll look for OME.
Thanks again

#7 ·
The other option is go to a suspension shop in Europe, I mean there has to be one around somewhere and they can make the springs for you and you can install them yourself, it'll save you money and it'll give you a good quality as long as the shop is good. I plan on going to my local suspension specailist for my lift, have them build it custom.

#12 ·
A transfercase drop is not needed, nothing is need for 2.5 inches of lift. But did you take my advice and at least check out a local suspension shop and see what they can do, it'll save you money for sure, the labor of having them do it will be less than the shipping and I bet they'll make something better of quality than Rough Country and cheaper on that end too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.